Why do people turn so serious in play fights?

Me and my friend were play fighting at lunch and she got mad and punched me for real and we started to fight and got suspended because she decided to take things so serious.

Another time, I was play fighting my brother and he got mad and choked me so I scratched his face 😂😂

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe you're not so good at realizing people's limits? The fact that both your friend and your brother got mad at you is at least an indication for this assumption. You should only do play fights if both you and the person you are fighting with are able to read subtle signals (verbal and non-verbal). For example when I play fight with my girlfriend, she sometimes screams "Noooo!!!" when I tickle her or when I do other "mean" things to her but I would still continue because I know it's okay. But at one point, she suddenly changes her tone of voice a bit and she says the "no" in a slightly different way and I know: this is it. This is her boundary. It just stopped being funny for her. So obviously I would stop because I don't want to hurt her or piss her off.

What Guys Said 4

• Some fights are sad because of poor technique. For example last weekend a kid took things too seriously with my cousin. The kid doesn't know how to fight. Imagine one person trying to throw another person for 5 minutes. The target of the thrower continuously laughs.

• Sometimes something hurts by accident and you lose your temper.

• some people cannot figure out a joke 8)

• Maturity level

What Girls Said 1

• I never do lol.