Would you rather be blind or deaf?

Always a tough question to answer. Let's say you lost one of your senses in a bad accident. Which would you rather live without for the rest of your life? Hellen Keller had to live without both, and it's amazing how she communicated without both of her senses.

• I would rather be blind.
  • I would rather be deaf.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd rather be deaf for two reasons.
    Firstly, I already know American Sign Language.
    Secondly, I very much want to be able to drive.

I love music, by the way. I play the piano. However, if I couldn't drive, then there are many things I couldn't do.

By the way, Helen Keller was asked if she could have one of her senses restored, which would it be. She replied she would like to have her hearing restored, because she wouldn't feel so lonely.

What Guys Said 11

• blind... i love music very much... so...

• I'd rather be deaf. I wouldn't want to give up tv, movies, being able to see my children when they are born. There are a lot of things that I could handle if I were deaf versus blindness.

• I'd rather be deaf, at least I wouldn't here annoying insects flying next to me in the summer.

• deaf. because then i would have an excuse to not be as social. plus, there is so much beauty in the world that i haven't even seen yet.

• Deaf because I could still look at boobies.

• Deaf cause the world is beautiful would want to see everything

• Blind.

Music is my LIFE.

• Deaf I want to see where I'm walking.

• I would much rather be deaf. If I couldn't see I wouldn't be able to hardly todo anything and would have to rely on others.

• i would rather be dead

• 0|0

What Girls Said 10

• I'd rather be... I can't choose!

• Deaf. I'd rather be able to see.

If I were deaf and I wanted to hear, I'd try to get a cochlear implant done.

• I have a deaf uncle and his life is pretty miserable. He is left out of conversations and always looks sad. I would much rather be blind because you can communicate.

• Deaf they have come up with this new technology to let deaf people hear with their tongues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bgmmJr2ILg

• I'd rather be deaf. That way I can see and watch where I'm walking. Plus, I'll be able to read hand signs to understand stuff.

• These questions make me happy that I am healthy and do see and hear.

I would choose to be deaf because then you can still communicate by writing or reading from mouth. Plus it's a pain in the ass to go from one point to the other since you don't see anything and I wouldn't feel safe.

• I'd rather be deaf

• ahh I'd rather be blind

• I'd rather be blind because I love music too much.

• No sound? No music, not a world I want to live in.