Is having a nostalgic longing for the so called “good old days bad? How do I focus on the current situation in my life stop thinking about the past?

Lately i have had a hard time focusing on my present life our situation
I am so emotionally invested in the past that I can't really appreciate and focus on where I am are now, and where I am are headed. I keep looking back on the good old days and the people there i think about it a lot compare it to where I am now and then I start being sad i miss those old times and mostly the people
i would not change a thing about my past the times were amazing
im a sophmore in high school now its totally different
my class is the worst there is no comradery everybody looks the same i come from a multicultural school and a very diversed class im the only diversed in my class
i still talk to my oldclasmates but it is not the same i miss my old school and classmates

Most Helpful Guy

• not bad... but personally i hate my past like hell... and i don't wanna see it back :-|

What Guys Said 3

• Those “good old days" weren't that good. You just don't know/remember what was wrong about it.

• The past is. The past if u keep living in the past u lose the present. Your getting older more responsbilites. Look to the future plan ur future set weekly goals and complete them, your not a little kid no more

• Once you graduate from high school life gets much better

What Girls Said 1

• you need to focus on the present because that is all you have right now.