Tattoo problems?

So I got a tattoo a little above my ankle four days ago. Since then I have been extreme pain. Barely able to walk. The tattoo itself is not swollen anymore but below it is. The tattoo is not infected. I did look it up online but did not find any answers. Has anyone experienced this and if so, any advice on what I should do to bring down the swelling? I have elevated my leg and tried ice packs but received no relief.

Well the swelling is gone! Looks like a good foot and ankle massage did the trick!

Most Helpful Girl

• go back to the tattoo shop and get it checked out... none of my tattoos had swelling around them and the pain was gone the next day

• My other two had no swelling at all. I had asked a few people who have ankle tattoos if they had experienced it. Only one had and they said is was from lack of blood flow to your foot, where a lot of your blood had been going to the tattoo to heal it. The only time my pain is somewhat relieved is right after I clean it with warm water and put more cream on. Which seems to be more often then not, where my tattoo gets dried out quicker than shit.

• I have a pretty big piece on my ankle and mine didn't swell from lack of blood flow.. a tattoo shouldn't constrict blood...

• That's exactly what I thought as well. Looks like I will be making a trip tomorrow.

What Guys Said 3

• don't worry it'll fade away i believe... did u menton this 2 the tattoo artist?

• Yes I did. He said it was lack of blood flow and to keep it elevated. I talked to him the day after I got it and have kept it elevated for a good majority of the time. Even while I'm sleeping. But it has just gotten worse.

• Congrats that the swelling is gone now! Will you be getting more? I do hope you don't overdo it, though!

• You should see a doctor, don't go and ask the tattoo artist who has no medical training, that's stupid advice.

What Girls Said 1

• It's normal, just give it a week or so.