Is it wrong to think Hitler had good qualities?

He was ambitiious, confident, articulate and charismatic.

If i get flamed for this, can people also flame me for saying that Churchill was a heavy drinker, heavy smoker, and a racist?

Most Helpful Guy

• Things in life aren't all black and white like most would think.. Fact is he turned Germany into a superpower in a relatively short time and he was a great and charismatic speaker. He literally convinced people of his ideology at first through words alone. That is SOOOOO crazy to think about.. I'd like to think if I was a German person during those times that I wouldn't have gotten caught up in the fervor but who knows?

The fact remains that he used these 'gifts' for awful things which makes you wonder what he could have accomplished with a more benevolent ideology.

• he did as he did, that's all that matters.

• haha... why do you follow me around to say "what's what" when you don't do any better? Do you lack confidence, or you don't get the world? lololol.

• the thing is he didn't. Reactionary ideology, vehement anti-semitism and anti-romani sentiment, white supremacy and pro-colonialism, etc, had been extremely common in Germany (and a lot of Europe) for over a century if not more. Hitler was any other german. The Nazis were a *popular* party.

What Girls Said 15

• My teacher made this point back in my highschool days.

She said he was a very smart man.

A lot of students couldn't believe their ears.

Then she went on to say, she isn't condoning what he did or saying it is right. But to orchestrate a plan like he did takes some level of intelligence.

• lololol... why do you say how i can or cannot comment?

• Are you serious?

• yes, i am. why is it wrong to say?

• Have you read Mein Kampf? I actually have. He wasn't the least bit charismatic or articulate. He was very very boring. Even his paintings sucked. If you ignore his monstrous qualities he was a tedious and mediocre human being. All of this - oh well Hitler was a bad guy, but he was whatever - is baseless nonsense. It's nazi apologism.

Churchill was a complete monster also, by the way. An imperialist.

• No everyone posses good qualities if he didn't he wouldn't have became a leader and people wouldn't have supported him.

Someone asked a question about him:
    Should well written speeches, made by bad people, be considered GOOD speeches? Other
    hitler was known for writing well written speeches but was a very bad man (understatement of course). should his speeches be considered good, since he was a bad man?

This is what I said:
    A good speech is a good speech regardless. Same goes for a bad one.

The words make up a speech not who's reading it or even who wrote it.

Hitler was not known for writing speeches he was known for being a good speaker.

His speeches were horrible but he was a great speaker thus started the Holocaust.

Just like Hitler was a great speaker he was also a great ruler. I may not support him or agree with his tactics but I can't deprive him of a title he rightfully earned.

• You make good points , but to be fair the only reason the Germans voted him in was because Germany at that time the last president before him was facing poverty from the French.

• I feel like no one gives a damn about speeches until Hitler gets mentioned. Then they're all like oh yeah what a speaker listen to those speeches. No one listens to speeches otherwise. No one talks about the art of oration in their day to day lives

• @LauraMarx

I couldn't agree more most people don't, but I value literature listening as well as writing.

• I think is not bad after all he got too many things because he used those positive attitudes/things.. but not in a good way.

He was cruel and what he did was beyond words.

His problem he used them for despicable things.

• In his initial years he did good things to bring Germany out of the crisis and to make a better living for the German people. But like all dictators, they usually start well, but after a while their power rises to their head and they start doing the wrong things. In a democracy, there are also leaders with this in them, but democracy keeps them into line. In the recent EU, you can at least name two state leaders with dictator properties, but they stated within reasonable limits

• He was smart and wad a good orator. No doubt.

At the same time, he was a sick, psychopathic, sadistic, cowardly pig.

• I don't remember saying anywhere you can't ask this question? Wtf.

• haha... it's how you respond to stuff, but there you go.

• It's true.. I mean he was able to lead so many people and get them to do what he wants. It's okay to think he has qualities, I mean everyone does but if you think he's a good person well, it's a different story.

• It's ironic how the entire world war 2 could have been prevented. before Adolf Hitler started his military carreer, he wanted to become an artist. he went to an arts school, they rejected him and he though to himself "hmm... maybe i should try something new.."
    teachers at art schools are idiots. why? because they are the ones who really caused wwii. ofcourse I'm agry at them too because i also got rejected, and now I'm a jobless weed smoking punk who stopped going to school. and thats all their fault.

• Yeah of course. He made Berlin rebuilt.( second world war, Berlin almost all destroyed) Then Germans introduced New Architecture. That is kind of a cool of him right* ^^

• How can he be ambitious when he had a death plan for the Smart Jewish people and raided their wealth? Another mofo robber.

• Lulz you are as bad.

• you do? as in... believing everybody must agree with your spiritualism?

• I reported your abuse.

• No, I kind of agree with you. There's no way killing millions and millions and doing unthinkable acts is right, but he was very intelligent.

• Let's no praise him anymore though.

• people can do and say and they please lol..

• The only thing Hitler did wrong was how he got rid of the Jews. Other than that yes he was pretty smart.

• He was a very intelligent man, but what he did with that intelligence is what led to his demise.

• Oh my gosh I have the exact same problem. Ok so I'm German. Hitler was just a man who made a mistake. I also feel like he was a great man and people say I am wrong all the time. He was a man, not a monster. So nothing is wrong with it.

• Your level of intelligence is child-like.

• i disagree. morality is anything one makes of it.

• that's your view..

What Guys Said 23

• Both are entirely true. What makes humanity interesting is that good people are capable of horrible acts and that the worst of us have some redeeming traits;after all they never see themselves as doing wrong)
    It's one of the rules writers must not forget.
    That said Hitlers positive traits alone wouldn't make him a good person in my book...

• He was obviously articulate and charismatic. But he used that for evil. So were those qualities good in this case? And when one's ambitiousness is to slaughter as many people as one can, I would call that ambition bad. I will give you that those qualities are generally considered goo, and that he had them, but I think that there are cases (and this is one) where those qualities are not good.

• I think that starting a sentence with those words is a bad idea. Technically it's not wrong, but most people won't see it that way right off the bat.

If you're going to say that, start with the reasons why he is horrible first. It'll give them time to start paying attention to you. If you start with this, they will immediately get defensive and ignore you. You need to convince them you're on their side first.

• In today's PC society it doesn't matter how he chooses to phrase this question.. Someone somewhere will find it "offensive"... :/

• @ShutUpAndSuckMe But you will get less friction the way I said. The title of his question is the first thing they see. Most people who see that will charge in with both barrels blazing about how stupid he is. But if you start out in a vulnerable position, people will be more open to what you have to say.

Are these facts about Hitler true? Is an example. They won't charge in here angry because they don't have anything to disagree with yet. They will need to read your thoughts before they can say anything.

• intent is all...

• Dear neo-nazi. I reported your post.

The guy caused the death of 75 million people. The rest is irrelevant in comparison, and your post (apart from being a duplicate) adds nothing new.

• Everyone has good and bad qualities. Even Hitler. There is nothing wrong with learning from people who accomplished something as long as you aren't condoning his methods.

• what was wrong in his methods?

• I would argue that.

• lulz... aren't you the fellow who boasts about how big your cock is? lolol... nice lies, dude.

• even if he had... all those crimes he commited washed them all away :/

• he loved animals... was a vegetarian..

all i'm saying is it is wrong to say he had some good qualities?

• in short: yes, it is.

• You are right, he was that and more. Think and entire nation followed him and belived in him.

Most evil people know how to win over the people with charm. People love the devil and you can easily see this in women who know bad boys will treat them like crap but they are all over them.

• If we take away what he is thought to of done then we find not only a political genius but a man with exceptional speech and leadership skills. We must remember that his cleansing of the Jews was a mere scapegoat for all of the economical turmoil happening in Germany at the time. To my recollection he had no hatred of Jewish people, it just so happened that they were the best target.
    I, in no way, mean t tell you that what he did was right nor that he was a good person. However from a political stand point he did quiet well and was good at motivating many.

• He was also quite good at motivating people into hating him and finally getting rid of him.

• That i am not so sure of. The main reason that Germany lost the war was due to its lack of oil/gasoline. I believe that Hitler offed himself after Allied forces regained and took over the majority of Germany.

I hope you understand that i don't feel this man as great. Nor do i idolize him in any way shape or form.

• He definitely has a different mindset and qualities, but he used it for evil purposes so yea...

• You're are entitled to your own opinion. Don't follow the common public's beliefs, but DO believe what YOU think is you think is correct. (Even if it is disagreed upon).

• but you're a spiritualist, you don't tolerate diversity of thought.

• excuse me, but humans are social animals... duh.

• Yes. I agree lol. I don't know if you were directing that comment at me or not, but my opinion on this issue remains the same :) Believe what you believe, not what "is right" by society's standards because society sucks a lot of the time.

• Not wrong

People will only think it's wrong because it's Hitler, and your praising him. Even if it is for something unrelated to his evil doings.

It works the other way around to, like when you trash the founding fathers for being racist and what not.

• Not wrong. Everyone has both good and bad qualities. It's fine to recognize he had some good qualitis but I think most people would agree that his bad qualities significantly outweighed his good qualities.

• You're probably better off saying he had good abilities or skills rather than qualities. You're right and he was clearly a very good politician and highly, almost disturbingly, convincing to do what he did.

• OK... you're just some Web stranger... loolol, why must I listen to you say how I must express myself?

• haha... fuck off, fool.

• Great counter argument.

• It depends who is answering this question if you were a Nazi I wouldn't be surprised if someone answered that if you were a Jew I would be like wtf is that person saying that? lol but no to me he was not not only did he kill jews, but he also killed French, Polish, English , etc. anyone who wasn't a Nazi.

• I post as I please, who the fuck are you to prevent me? lolol..

You either have asperger's or you reckon you're some kind of "dude"... either way, I don't care. I have better social skills and confidence than you do.

• 2|1
  • It's not wrong. It means you're a more critical thinker than most people. He did a lot of things that helped Germany out of a war torn economic downturn, which is why he was able to garner enough support to get away with what he did for so long. He is still a ruthless dictator who did lots of horrible atrocities that deserve no merrit. However I dare say he was not the worst dictator in human history though.

• Hitler had some good ideas

• Hitler was a dick, but he was a genius and an incredible leader.

• If I grew up in the same circumstances as Hitler, I doubt I would've made any choices differently. That sort of nuance and complexity you're attributing to a man like Adolf Hitler is just part of the human condition after all.

• He was one of the best communicator of the 20th century. Was able to get a nation to follow him. He will always be remembered first when anybody talks of world war two. More than church hill stalin and eisehower

• I think it's perfectly alright to do that. Hey, be fair right?

• Honestly without the whole holocaust thing he would have been one of the greatest leaders in history

• The man invented sex dolls for crying out loud

• Well first off, Hitler was a very evil man.

But yeah, he had good qualities. He was an excellent orator. He was a lover of the arts, and himself a decent painter. The type of people he wasn't ordering to be killed often genuinely felt he cared and tried to solve their problem. If you look at old videos, you can see him smiling at and being kind to children and friendly toward his citizens.

We shouldn't try to completely paint someone black--that simply gives us a naive view lacking nuance about evil and human nature. No person is purely evil or purely good--we're all a mixed bag, and understanding how things can get out of control is important.