How long will it take for my retainer to re-straighten my teeth?

I got my braces off last week, and when I got them off I had to wait 2 days for my retainers. Within those 2 days, my teeth shifted a little. My orthodonist said that if it's minor shifting, the retainers should be able to move the teeth back in place.
I've been wearing my retainer constantly for a week straight though, and nothing's happened. My teeth don't even feel sore from moving. When I first wore my retainer my teeth were sore for the first 2 days, but now it doesn't bother me at all. Do you think my teeth will straighten up throughout time? If so, how much longer? Because it's been a week so far and there's no improvement, and my teeth aren't even sore

Most Helpful Guy

• no actually it might tak months... hope not though, but i know some people who wore braces and told me that :)

What Guys Said 1

• It takes time i had the braces with a plate in mouth and u had to turn key to stretch the jaw. So not fun! But urs will come around takes time

What Girls Said 1

• It can take a few months.