How to stop someone from calling you on an iPhone?

I am always being asked how to stop someone from calling you on your iPhone. Unfortunately using the 'Blocked' feature on your iPhone doesn't always work. You can block a number from calling you, but if they call you on 'Private' where they block their I. D. they can still get through.

So, I thought I would share with everyone another way of permanently stopping a particular person/number from calling you.

Select 'Favourites' (star icon) and add only the people you want to contact you from your contacts (+ sign on the top right to add contacts).

Once you have added your desired contacts, go into 'Settings' click on 'Do Not Disturb' (half moon icon). You will see at the very top that it says 'Manual' that should be off (not green), 'Scheduled' just below should be off. Click on 'Allow Calls From' and select 'Favourites.' 'Repeated Calls' needs to be switched off if it's green and under 'Silence' select Always.

Anyone that is not in your favourites while 'Do Not Disturb' is turned on, will not get through, they will be diverted to your voicemail instead ;)

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 2

• then maybe don't pick private # ?

i do da same actually ;)

• I had to answer private number because I had certain government agencies and charity companies that I associate with that call on private. Doing it like I have explained above will stop people who you know you don't want to speak to from coming thorough.

My ex prank calls me frequently and blocking his number does nothing, so I activate 'Do Not Disturb' and he doesn't get through anymore.

• You can block no caller id

• No you can't block a no caller id using the 'Blocked' feature on your iPhone. The iPhone doesn't know what number it is calling when the ID has been blocked. Block someone you know in your contacts and get them to call you by blocking their ID and I can 100% guarantee that they can still get through.

What Girls Said 1

• just block them.

• Like I explained above, blocking doesn't work. You have an option in your phone that says 'block my caller I. D.' when that feature is used they can still get through even though you have blocked their number. Blocking doesn't work on 'private numbers.'

• Test it with someone. Block a friends number from in your contact and get them to call you on private and I can guarantee they will still get through.

• Apple couldn't even tell me how to stop someone from calling you. They just mentioned blocking and when I said they can still get through on private they said yeah the iPhone doesn't know what number is calling using the blocked feature unfortunately so they can still get through. Apple consultants don't know shit about their own phones.