Girls, I'm having problems I have a pool party to go to on Thursday but I have really sensitive skin?

I HAVE REALLY SENSITIVE SKIN when I shave I get little bumps under my arms and that's enbarising anyway I could stop this from happening or hide it please I need help its embarrassing to wear swimsuits

15

Most Helpful Girl

• Hydrocortisone cream after you shave. It helps clear them up

What Girls Said 14

• i am about the same way... take an allergy pill... and wear a cover up if it doesn't work and act lie you just there for a sun tan... maybe instead of shaving... try veet or something like that... i have to use that because i break out if I shave normally... :) goodluck!!!

• Do you think you'd be allergic to chlorine? Everyone gets bumps on their skin while shaving. It's irritation but the more you shave it happens less and less.

• Get some shaving cream made for sensitive skin

• shave with cream!! and make sure to shave along, not against the grain (which prevents bumps)
    get a cover up for the pool too if you need to

• Water proof cover up make up, and when you can use some moisturizer. Lotion without lots of oils, more natural lotion without a scent. Lotions from bath and body works with a scent and color may burn. I have bums similar to these, but mine's from the heat and sweat. I think what you have is razor burn or bumps. Lots of people get them. Always stay hydrated with water and wash very well where you get the bumps.

• I get the same thing. No one seems to notice though. This might sound crazy, but you could try putting liquid band aids (yes there is such a thing as liquid band aids and you can find them at almost any drugstore) and put it on your armpit. It could sooth your skin and possibly hide the bumps. And most kinds are water proof. Try it, and if it works, go to that party!

• I don't know if hair removing cream would help, they do have some for sensitive skin. And I advise you to shave like an hour before you go to the party so its still fresh. Its a party, you shouldn't be worried about how you look anyways. Just be you and have fun.

• Are you talking about razor burn? Have tried nair sensitive hair removal cream.

• Maybe wear a loose shirt over your swimsuit?

• Try to put cream after you save like Aveno or something that really hydrates your skin. It helps a lot :) I have the same problem.

• There are products for this. There was a product called "no more bumps" that had salicylic acid as the main ingredient. Do a google search, there are other products that work well.

• Maybe try waxing instead of shaving?

• I'm pretty much the same. Just don't itch your skin and you will be just fine.

• Just wear something over the swimsuit.