Guy tried to run me off the road... Advice?

I was driving home today from work one year old daughter in the back seat talking to my boyfriend on the phone. I was going the speed limit and everything was fine until this crazy guy started getting really close to my car from behind. I do not know if he wanted me to go faster or if he was just being a jerk but I did not go faster. The next thing I know he is honking at me and flashing his lights at me. I waved my hand and told him to go around but he didn't. I'm trying to look in the mirror to see what is his problem and keep my eyes on the road at the same time. By this time my daughter is crying and he guy pulls up beside me and starts yelling at me and flipping me off getting super close to my car trying to push me off the road. I told my boyfriend what was going on and I started yelling at the guy I called him a B***h and parked my car at the gas station down the street from my house to calm my daughter down. Next thing I know the guy pulls up next to me gets out of his truck and starts getting in my face calling me names. I just got back in my car and drove off the guy followed me for about a mile until I lost him in traffic. Advice? Was it just me or was he being an idiot?

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, it's hard to say without actually seeing the situation. What I mean is, it's possible that you did something unintentionally and unknowingly (like, cut him off or something).

That said, his reaction was uncalled for and dangerous. Tailgating someone is dangerous, and road rage is unnecessary and doesn't solve the problem.

What Guys Said 1

• Wow! What a douchebag! You should call the cops if that happens because he has serious road rage problems. Some dude did that to me and my mom when i was 7, going to a soccer game. He was acting all tough and calling her a b*tch but when my mom threatened to call the cops, he sped off like a b*tch. You're lucky you didn't get hurt.

What Girls Said 4

• That's crazy!!! Is it just me, or are more people loving to turn on their brights right behind your car? People are just crazy these days! And yes, that guy had no right to be calling you names and nearly getting you killed over something stupid like that. Life is way more important than driving on the highway and getting pissed at someone who didn't even do anything wrong. And, talking that rudely to a women with a baby in the car? Talk about a real gentleman.

• Oh he was definitely overreacting. If he wanted to get around you that terribly, he should have just passed you and then let it be. If you remember his license plate number, I would report him for harassment.

• You were holding a phone to your ear with a baby in the car?

• he was just being an idiot.