What do you do to keep calm?

Say if someone has a few anger issues and is running out of wall space. Do any of you have better tips to try and keep calm and level headed?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's tough, like when you feel that urge in your chest that makes you want to just go ape shit.

Only happens when I play video games, but still happens. It's nice to have something you could throw that won't break or break anything else, I have a nerf football (not for this reason, just happen to own one, but it helps.)

Aside from that, I just slowly breathe in deep breathes for a few seconds.

What Guys Said 7

• 0|0
  • Cming to a site like this, laughing at the silly antics of others, is a good way to stop focusing on whatever is making you angry.

• I stay quiet... that's the biggest tell of me being mad.

I also walk away when possible.

I withdraw before I get too irritable.

• I tend to just go to my guitar or exercise I punched a wall once and my knuckles got swollen xD never doing that again

• My mom said I'll have to fill the holes in myself. Sometimes I feel like it's either this or throwing my phone.

• Lol do it let the rage flow through you xD

• No I just left it at a doornob handle I have to explain now.

• I headbutt my wall. Sooner or later I'll have a door to my neighbour's appartment, then we can hang out and drink tea when I'm mad.

• I tell myself that I don't have to be here if I don't want to. I can leave any time I want.

• When I feel I start to get angry I stop put on some headphone and listen to music.

What Girls Said 5

• Taking a walk and talking to myself and if home... sitting down with some comfort food, Luv2BRealExotic13, like my favorite ice cream or a few Oreo cookies. xx

• I don't really like eating all that much but I could try it.

• i have a sweet tooth but in finding my favorite Comfort food, it does relax me... or maybe you could turn on a favorite show to take your mind off it.. sometimes I will vent on my mom when I call her. xx

• Pacifica :)

I also tell myself that being angry hurts no one but myself. Like for example, "oh shoot someone egged my house. Whatever, I won't get mad because I don't want to let them win by working myself up"
    Whenever I get bullied, I just brush things off and pity them for spending so much time trying to hate on me- like it's really pathetic of them.

I hop you can keep that mindset and that you'll be able to control your anger better :)

• No ones hating on me. It's just people being stupid around me that is really pissing me off.

• oh. yeah that's hard too. You should just remind yourself that you don't want to lash out at them :) or maybe you could kindly tell them that you don't appreciate what they're doing and they're getting on your nerves, like say that before the situation escalates

• If they're hard headed selfish and childish?

• Whenever I get angry, I just try to focus on my breathing and imagine how the air I am inhaling is going into my lungs. That's it. Or you could take a walk?

• nothing has worked so far... u tell me when u get the right answer..

• Remove yourself from the situation and go for a walk to think about what's just happened. If you're still angry when you get back then it's probably something worth being angry about otherwise it's not a big deal.