Girls, how weird is it to have basically never had a friend who was a girl and have never had anyone interested in me?

I've only ever talked to two girls during my whole time in school and that was during college. I've never actually hung out with a girl outside of school. Also, I have never had a girl interested in me and I've never done anything at all with a girl ever. I'm pretty sure this is really weird, but I figured I'd ask.

• Yes it's weird/unusual
    22% (9)
  • No it's not weird/unusual
    78% (31)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll

15

Most Helpful Girl

• Not weird at all. Some people just don't gave opposite sex friends and some people haven't had anyone interested in them.

There was a woman on here who said that she hadn't been in a relationship and she was past 40. So I would think it's more rare, but not weird at all.

What Girls Said 14

• There have probably been girls interested, you just don't know it. Don't really think this is weird. I am surprised you've never hung out with girls though. Not even at parties?

• I don't really talk to anyone so no girl becomes interested. I don't go to parties or any social events either because I don't like the atmosphere.

• That's fair. Well I've definitely met other guys like that. I don't think its weird.

• Not that weird. I have guy friends but the ones i actually hang out with are gay lol. I haven't just hung out with a dude that was straight one on one. I've hung out with them in groups though. Maybe it is weird lol.

• It's not that weird.

• It's really only unusual that you've never had a close friend who was female. Do you have many close friends, period? If you're very shy and introverted, that makes it not weird.

• I don't really ever initiate conversations with anyone. I have like three main friends and I've known them since 1 at grade and the other since 6th grade.

• So you know what to do, you're just unwilling to do anything about it. Good luck with that.

• @9mfeo Well I know shy/introverted guys who have friends and have dated. My brother is an extrovert and he's in the same boat as the @Asker. I don't think that has too much to do with it.

• Well, it is unusual but it's not a bad thing. Some guys are just unlucky with girls. My brother is 24 and he's in the same boat you are. It doesn't matter how many guys he asks out or how many girls he tries to hang out with, they shun him away. I feel sorry for him! Girls can be so cruel.

• I'm not bad at it I just make no effort to get to know girls. The making no effort to get to know girls seems unusual but maybe it's more common than I think

• I'll be your friend!
    but no in all seriousness, maybe you appeared unapproachable or uninterested... yes, it is kinda weird, though I doubt "no one was interested"- rather they might have been too intimidated to approach first

• when I used to play softball when I was 16 and on my team it was all boys and I was the only girl on the team and I was friends with one boy was 14 and at first I used to think it was weird that I wasn't friends with girls at that time and now I have guy friends online and now I don't think thats weird any more

• It helps to hang out with a girl. They won't be interested in you any other way unless it's looks. But at the end of the day we all know that it's the personality that matters most. So be confident and talk to them so they can get to know you. But do it gradually. Don't go straight in with a full conversation. What do I know? Just thought I'd share an opinion.

• by the way it a neither weird or unusual. Really if you've not been around girls it's difficult for them to be interested in you.

• No it's not weird/unusual

• i have also had no guy friends, just two in nursery.
    nothings worng

• It's not weird. If you want to have more friends that are girls, then talk to more girls.

• It's fine. I think that if it's bothering you, you should try to hang out and meet some girls.

• What do you mean you only talked to two girls in college? Were they your friends?

• They sat next to me in class and I ended up talking to them. I never hung out with them outside of school so I don't know if it's technically friends

• Do you have their numbers or talk to them often?

• I have one of their numbers because we were In a group with other people for a project. I haven't talked to them since the class ended

• I don't consider it weird, nor do I consider it unusual.