Who or what is God?

I would like to hear everyone's definition of God because so many people associate the term with many different things.

To me, God is the Universal Father.

Most Helpful Guy

• I believe in god, I just don't believe in the church. Whatever incongruities are existent in religion are based on what people have decided the truth is about god. I mean come on? Condoms are a sin? That belief became a part of Catholicism at the same time the Crusades were going on and they needed more fighters, you do the math.

The biggest thing most people are caught up about is the whole "how can a god that created the whole universe and cares for us all allow children to get cancer and people in Africa to starve" And I have to be honest, when my friend was diagnosed with cancer it definitely changed the way I looked at the world and it made me look hard at what it was I believed.

I Think of god as a scientist. The universe itself is one massive experiment, and as he observes what is happening he must be careful not to interfere with the experiment in order to keep from skewing the results. That he does care about each person on the planet, and would like to make changes in how the world is, but helping a few people is not worth sacrificing the ultimate goal of the experiment. And if this is truly the case, and you were in that position, than a single planet in an entire universe of almost infinite size is not as important as the people living on it think. I believe that god created the universe for some experiment, and he watches as the universe expands infinitely out, carefully observing as life begins to form on certain planets, and watching as those being develop in order to see what they do, until eventually the universe stops expanding, and collapses back in on itself, and that he continues to watch as the next experiment begins. And while it seems contradictory to state that a being who knows everything would be conducting an experiment, I can only guess that the purpose would be to teach rather than to discover.

I know there are probably problems with this, just as any other theological belief, but this is what my answer is.

• That's really good!! But is it possible that he takes care of the little lab mice in some way? What you said was deism which the founding fathers believed in.

What Girls Said 5

• In my own beliefs, there is only one God, but he appears to everyone in the way that they wish to see him (or her. I believe God is gender less.)
    Personally, I see God in nature and in the beautiful little things around me. Mother Earth or Father Universe, if you'll call it that. It is a loving, watchful God. Always looking over us, but never intervening. We are not pawns, we are free to choose and to sin, but always forgiven.
    And Evolution? It has a place. My own faith is that Evolution began when Eve bit into the apple.

• I don't believe in God, personally. All power to ya if you do, that's a personal choice.

• It doesn't matter whether you believe in God or not, I asked who or what is God.

• No, no, love. Although it was a slightly poor choice of words on your part, we're good.

• I see, I will be more careful next time.

• God is someone
    Who always stands right next to you.

And hit you and slap you playing the role of karma if you did something wrong.

And playing the role of mother if u r insecure or scared.

And congratulate you privately if you did something good.

• God Is The Existence Of An Higher Power.

• nobody knows

What Guys Said 7

• A some kind of being. I'm still wondering how she/he came to be. In first there is nothing, then BAM, a complex of energy/light appears, which starts to use/shape various energies/elements in chaos into things. Creates cosmos, etc...

Cosmos, planets are "tools", but at the same time they have a part of him/her (sub-logos). Our souls/spirit a part of him/her too. So we at some degree are he/she.

So, some kind of energy/complex of light or maybe something else. Like some our feelings. We can feel them, but can't materialize them. But still they do exist.

Very interesting question, but so complex.

• GOD IS A CONCEPT.

NO ONE KNOWS WHAT OR WHO GOD REALLY IS. WHO KNOWS THERE MAY ACTUALLY BE MORE THAN ONE GOD OR GODDESSES. WHO KNOWS?

I KNOW THE ATHEISTS AIN'T KNOW SHIIT.

• god is a finger 8)

• That's a question that's answer is specific to the individual...

• God is the entropy and gravity that's always with us.

• A figment of man kinds imagination

• god is the ruler of all things and maker of all things duh