Everyone dies at 27?

i'm 28, and lately i have been feeling like, 27 was as young as i will ever be, the last year that i could claim to be young, from here on i can no longer consider myself young, i will no longer belong to the same crowd as the 17 or 21 years olds of the world, i am in a different age group now, and i will feel old from now until my death, it's all downhill from here.

look at all the very best sport stars or celebrities or successful professionals, most of them did their best work, became a legend, created a legacy and became rich and famous before they reach 25.

i don't know, maybe it's because i really haven't accompllished anything by this age and i didn't live life to the fullest while i was younger, don't really have any memories to look back on, and that makes me feel crap.

i just feel no matter who you are, even the rich and famous, your best years are before 28, after that you might as well be dead because it will never get as good as age 14 to 27.

Most Helpful Guy

• You feelings are derived from your own observations. I have seen people achieve great things after the age of 30, sometimes in their 40's and their 50's. The people that you used in your example (athletes and celebrities) are not a reason to put you down. Why? Because the nature of their profession requires them to start working at an early age, for they become less likely to be employed and work effectively as they age.

I had a psychology professor explain this to us once, back in university. He explained the nature of human beings (beginning with our ancestors, thousands of years ago) and how they always rely on comparisons for assessments. In early times, you had 5-10 peers at most (a peer is someone of your own gender, + or - 5 years in age), so when someone compared himself/herself against his/her peers, (s) he'd have found at least one thing that (s) he did better than the rest. Meaning, they were able to recognize their value and contribution to society (ex: best hunter, best fighter, best farmer, best cook, strongest, etc..). Nowadays, however, we are exposed to the entire world by pressing a button on our keyboards. The amount of peers that you have today is astronomical, and given our natural instinct to compare ourselves against them, you always find yourself worthless or less successful. The professor also talked about the fight-or-flight effect that helped us survive back then, but today reading the news of the entire world makes us tense and depressed all the time, for no reason. But that's slightly irrelevant to the topic of your post.

What should we do then? :- /
    - You are placing too much importance on being successful, or becoming a legend. As if you are saying, the ones who never became legends were not good at anything and had no special talents of their own.
    - Sports are, in my opinion, the stupidest thing to gather around or pay money to watch. I wouldn't pay those professionals a single dollar for what they are doing. Everyone plays sports, what is so special about those professionals? People's stupidity is what made them legends. So what if you are the best basketball player of all time? What exactly is your value? What changed because of you? Would the world be different had basketball never existed?
    - I am a scientist, I do research and occasionally teach. If you were to pay me millions to become the best player of any sport, I would refuse. Things have the value that you give to them. So, find your own thing!

What Girls Said 3

• I've been feeling old since 25.
    The thing is we aren't old,
    We are just entering into a different phase of adult hood.
    It takes some getting used to.
    You'll be fine !

• I know what you mean. I feel like a grandmother. I never wanted to be 15; I never wanted this for myself. I wanted to be 14 forever.

• yes i agreee, i dont even want to get that old. Then there's certain things you just get to old for things you can't do while you were a teen, even though i still am but i understand.

What Guys Said 8

• When Mark Wahlberg was my age he was in street gangs and was a complete loser. A lot of stars didn't come into prominence until they were closer to middle age. A lot of people who were famous in their teens and early 20's went into obscurity as time went on even when they were still young. I'm sure actual old people get really annoyed about people who are still in their 20's complaining about being old.

• Lmfao! I'm 35 and I feel like I'm as youthful and energetic as ever.. Still running everyday, buffed, toned, go out and have fun with my friends... Etc..
    It's all about your mind set and how you treat your body.. You can look and feel 25 until you're 50 if you don't smoke, drink, do drugs and you take really good care of yourself...
    Also, in your 30s, you have money to spend.. Your job is solid, and you're not as impulsive.

Life is waaaaaay better after 30.
    Rock on man!

• hahahah bro... ny life gets better n better... at 27 i'd b even better ;)

• bro seriously now?
    30s and on are very productive and good ages
    also your body is at excellent condition if you take care of yourself
    you are young
    live until your 60s to the fullest

• if you're an athlete yeah. but some of the best literary work done by geniuses was later in their life.
    people dont become rich by time they are 25 unless it was on accident. or by being famous. most people become rich over a steady and patient financial growth.
    you're just depressed bro.

• I'm 24 and feel exactly the same lmao!

• I DIED AT 18.

• i gues ur washed up grandpa lol