How to fix the settings for my mic for a windows XP?

Ok, so, I have a problem with the playback on on my mic. When I went to control pannel, it said that the mic volume was at max but then the play back was fadded meaning it won't do anything if I click on it. Someone said it might be the sound card? and to check it, but how do I do that?

Most Helpful Guy

• Rght click on My Computer icon, and select/click on "Manage", next click on
    Device Manager, next find the Sound Card under sound, video and game controllers,
    right click, select Properties, and next click on Roll back Driver and wait for the installation
    to finish... you may be prompted to restart the computer.
    If it doesn't work, repeat the procedure and this time select the Sound Card with the right
    mouse button, and click on Uninstall, and restart the computer... the Plug and Play service
    should autoinstall on the sound card driver..
    If again it doesn't work, go again to the Device Manager > Sound Card and this time right click
    and select Update driver... and next select "yes, this time only"... the sound card driver should
    install and if it doesn't repeat the procedure again but this time select the "No, not this time" option
    and next select the "Install the software automatically (recommended)" option.
    If still nothing, repeat the procedure and select from the sound card > Update driver > the Manual
    driver installation option: No, not this time > next > Install from a list or specific location (advanced),
    next Don't search, I will choose the driver to install, > and select the driver from "Show compatible
    Hardware", click next and wait for instructions to restart the computer. Still another option is to unckeck the
    "Show compatible hardware" box and select another driver manually. If the appropriate driver is not listed,
    you may need to download it fresh from the manufacturer's website... with your computer make and model,
    or motherboard make & model if the computer is homebuilt, or with the Sound Card make & model if it's
    a PCI/PCIe card.

• Under sound, video and game controllers, is Audio codecs, Legacy Audio Drivers, Legacy Video Capture Device, Media Control Devices, Realtek High Definition Audio, Video Codecs I dont see Sound Card

What Guys Said 4

• Go to device manager. From there look for your mic. Uninstall the driver for it. At the top there is a button, I can't remember what it's call but it's something like download drivers or search for driver changes. But click that and it will reinstall the driver.

• do u use a laptop or a pc? laptops have mics attached already

• yes I use a laptop and the mic used to work fine but its something to do with the settings

• I did a double take, Windows XP? Why no upgrade?

• Open realtek audio manager see if you can fix the settings there.

What Girls Said 0