Do you think our educational system here in the U. S is teaching more of "What to think" not "How to think"?

Just want opinions.

Most Helpful Girl

• Absoultly there's this sound clip in this song I can't remember what it was or else I'd post it. But basically it's saying creative thinking will only get you in trouble or something I can't remember but it's so true. I feel like education these days fills you with what it is your supposed to think and never to actually think on your own. Kinda thing. I'm bad at explaining.

What Girls Said 2

• Yes, I think so.

• I think the school system in the USA needs an overhaul in general. In public school teachers are given guidelines to what they can or cannot teach. in my opinion, they're also very underpaid and under appreciated.

I think it the parents job to teach their child how to think, by starting them off with a good foundation in the thought process.

What Guys Said 3

• It's basically just passes people through. There are a lot of dumb people that really don't deserve to make it passed the 6 grade, but they will graduate high school and go on to serve burgers or become a police officer that shoots someone in the back for having a bright pink cell phone in their hand.

• every ES, teaches "wot 2 think" actually :)

• Definitely. Standardized testing in a nutshell.