Is it illegal for a 17-year-old to ask a 16-year-old in the same state online to hook up?

For example, if on Tinder a 17-year-old and a 16-year-old match up and the 17-year-old makes arrangements with the 16-year-old to meet up in real life and possibly hook up, is that illegal?

Most Helpful Girl

• It is not illegal.

Most Helpful Guy

• if 16 is above age of consent... then ok :)

• I thought there was a law that even if that's true, you can get knocked for "soliciting a minor" online.

• But you're also a minor

What Girls Said 1

• I believe so. If your completely unsure look it up online.

What Guys Said 3

• You're both minors, so no it's not illegal.

• I thought there was a law where you can get knocked for "soliciting a minor" online.

• criminal-law.freeadvice.com/.../...-of-a-minor.htm

Only if you're an adult and are planning on meeting with a minor to have sex. You yourself are still a minor, so it would not be illegal. But you probably shouldn't do it anyway, hookups rarely work out. Especially at your age.

• Where does it say that?

• Don't send needs or you will be charged with distributing of child pornagraphy and possession of child pornagraphy. You will also have to register as a sex offender.

• not at alllll