Anybody feel like crap after getting off GAG?

Anybody else ever get on this site looking for a little confidence-booster--some help with your problem--hoping to feel a little better afterward, only to end up feeling worse when you get off? For example, when you ask a question about one of your insecurities, and everyone who answers says exactly what you were hoping they wouldn't say--even if they're the only ones on the whole site who actually think what those people said. Or you say something innocently, and suddenly, since you worded it wrong, you have a whole troupe of people hating on you. Or simply realizing that most people are in happier relationships than you are. I feel like this happens to me every time.

97

Most Helpful Girl

• It's like being a professional youtuber - you have to be mentally tough. Because when you put yourself out there on the internet, you're bound to get a lot of hate. Hating on someone is so much easier behind a screen.

GaG is just entertainment for me. Don't take it too seriously.

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Girls Said 8

• yeah, it's the internet, so there's bound to be some negativity. i try not to take people too seriously. lots of them are just trying to be funny anyways. Gag is kind of like that aunt/uncle who teased us when we were kids.

• That's why breaks are needed.

• Not really I'm usually down when I get here.

• Gag only irritates me or bores me at times. Most of the time its just entertaining.

• meeeeeeeeeeeee !
    i left GAG for a while, and let me tell you... the difference was real
    i was much much happier and less stressed

i came back because i got curious what it was like after all this time and (Accidentally) kept checking in daily lol
    and yup... still horrible

• even when i hear what i want to hear most the time, i realize a lot of people lie and its the mean or hurtful comments that kill me... While using GaG i have grown to hate my body from head to toe :) I need to go to the fukin mental hospitals now

• Anytime I start feeling good about my body I'll read comments posted on other users questions and lose what little self-confidence I had. So you're not alone.

• No not really.

What Guys Said 7

• It's good to have a dose of reality--even if it can be warped on gag. I eschew confirmation bias and Whiteknightism and people saying things just bc that's what you want to hear.

I doubt I'll get mho from that right? lol :P

• I think everyone has typed something wrong at sometime or other - I definitely but my foot in it every couple of days.

• haahah.. actually GAG has never disappointed me 8)

• If you come looking for a confidence booster, you're on the wrong site my friend. This is a ask and answer website. We will tell the truth (most of us anyway) whether you like it or not.

• All the fucking time
    every once in a while I take a break for a few days and I'm afraid to look in my notifications

• Yes, but I end up feeling worse for different reasons.

• NO, I'M A JESTER.

I'M SUPPOSE TO MAKE PEOPLE FEEL LIKE CRAP.