Best way to have instruments in college?

Hey guys I'm going off to college soon and want to take my instruments with me (5-6 guitars and 2 saxophones) What is the best way to keep the guitars in my dorm without taking up a ton of space? Should I get a rack for them or keep them in the closet in their cases? Iv seen 9 guitar racks cheep on ebay, would this take up way too much space for a dorm or no? Thanks.

Most Helpful Guy

• Do you know how big the dorm is going to be? Even the nicer ones I've seen are pretty small and some are like large closets. There's usually not enough room for the essentials let alone guitars. Just choose one to take with you and leave the rest at home. You're going to be jamming between classes, not recording an album. Even without the rack 5 guitars will take up way to much space. Plus you're going to have people in there bumping into stuff and partying. You don't want some drunk guy throwing up on your guitars or falling over them.

What Girls Said 1

• Put them in cases and against the wall of your closet.

• Wow thanks for the quick response! Fallow up question. I'm going to a college in illinois where the weather is far from consistant And often humid in the warmer months. Would the cases cause moisture build up around the guitars and ruin them? I'm especially concerned about this with my 12 string acoustic. Thanks :)

What Guys Said 2

• Why do you need to bring that many? You might feel silly if someone steals all 5 of your guitars and both saxophones.

• If I were you, I would bring the cheapest guitar and saxophone and leave the rest at home.

• There's a lot of theft in college especially involving freshman. I would take one or two at most and leave the rest at home. Keep everything locked up!

• I'm not too worried about that giving that I'm going to be living in a christian housing and it's a really secure building. I guess theft could still be a concern but I'm not too worried about it. Thanks though!

• I went to a Christian university my freshman year. After my first semester about 10-15 were expelled for drugs, my room mate had stolen my car and he had his tv and ps2 stolen from our dorm room. I wouldn't risk it.