Have you ever been in a situation where you legitimately thought you were going to have to fight for your life?

A few months ago I was leaving from a class I had late in the afternoon so it was dark out by the time I went to my car to go home. It hadn't been raining and it was pretty temperate out. When I got in I forgot to look through the windown at the backseats before getting in which I usually do. The windshield and windows were all fogged up and I had no explanation to why it was like that. I had no warm objects in the car to create condensation. I was driving out of the parking lot when it hit me that the only explanation I could think of was that there was someone hiding in my car and their body heat created it and they were waiting to slit my throat/use cholorform on me. I speed up and then smashed the breaks and whirled around expecting I'd have to kill a guy with my bare hands. There was nothing there... I still have no idea what caused it but for a few moments that night I legitimatley believed I was going to have to kill someone if I didn't want to be killed.

Anyone else been in sitatuons where you reall believed you were in a life or death situation?

Most Helpful Guy

• Holy shit dude that was badass.
    As for me, the only situation that would come close would be when I was jogging by the cemetery late at evening when it was dark and this dog without a leash or owner comes out of nowhere and starts barking at me and occasionally taunting me as if he were about to attack. I was already coming up with multiple ways to kill that thing.

• I've had dog situations similar to that before. I just friendly call it over to me as if I was it's owner. It wants to fight or chase. If you treat it like it's normally treated (unless it's abused) it'll just get bored of you and move on.

• Great advice actually, thanks dude. The first thing that came to mind back then was a pretty risky move. I thought that I would just kick the dog at the very last moment and as it's immobiled I'd quickly and rapidly strike it. But in hindsight that seems like a stupid idea.

• Yeah the hard part is getting into that position but once you do you'd win the fight. It would struggle and try to roll you off but it would get exhausted really fast trying to get you off since it'd have to roll your weight as well as it's own.

What Girls Said 3

• Yeah I live in the Philippines atm and this time I was waiting for my sister outside of the grocery store these middle-aged tattooed guys in white wife-beaters tried cornering me. I think they just wanted my bag or something. I think they were intimidated by my body language and the fact that I kept my eyes on all of them so nothing happened :P

• Wow that was scary. The time I was scared the most was when my neighbor's two Golden Retrievers (or close to that race) who were medium-large sized were growling angrily at me and had were in guarding mode as in wanting to attack me. Honestly, I didn't know what to do at the moment so I just did nothing but stand still. My neighbor off course called her dogs and they followed her inside.

Needlessly to say, she moved and the dogs moved out after some time. Good.

• Yes my sister stole my bacon sandwich... things got real

What Guys Said 3

• I had to travel 5 miles on foot carrying 2 heavy suitcase with busted wheels at -3C and in heavy rain at night through a bad neighborhood once.

That was pretty bad.

• That's rough. I would have said screw that and called a taxi service.

• yeah i thought i was going to get jumped by a bully and his friends.. but i was prepared i had already systematically taken them down in my head and played the scenario out. luckily it didn't happen because i was just waiting on him to hit me but he never did

• Yeah. I got in a wild brawl once with about 15 people. I won.