What state in the USA to go on exchange to?

I'm from Australia and I really want to go on student exchange next year to the USA for a semester. I will be 15 when I go (year 10). What state would be the best for me to go to... here's a list of things I'm looking for:

- a American high school experience (like in the movies)
-somewhere with plenty of attractions (disney land, universal studios, Lego land, etc)
-a safe area
-cheap awesome shopping locations
-beach maybe (but I think it will be winter there so don't worry bout this one)
-lots of American culture and spirit
-I dance and play soccer so maybe somewhere with that avaliable

Please let let me know what you think would be best 😊

Most Helpful Guy

• come to las vegas baby

• Opps didn't mean to make this most helpful or give it a bad vote!!! No offense or anything, just phone playing up

• no take backs! yay! mho!

What Guys Said 7

• Go to Canada instead :p

• Don't go to Massachusetts we tax everything but whatever you do, don't come where I live its smells like Fish and Shit no joke, its either low tide or sewage.

• Thanks go to know!

• LOL trust me I'm not trying to keep you away but the last thing I want is your first, US experience to be a bad one. Most people visit Boston, Cap Cod, Martha's Vinyard etc.

• I think you're making a big mistake - there is no part of America that is safe by Aussie standards.

A regular upper middle class suburb in a big city like LA will be the equivalent of Footscray in Melbourne or Cabramatta in Sydney. On top of which, people carry guns, cops are trigger happy, and their public health care system is on the same level as mainland China.

Don't go there alone until you're an adult and old enough to look after yourself. It's a dump (by Aussie standards).

• Probably New Orleans it is one of the more interesting places culturally.

• California or Florida!

• Florida has everything you're looking for. You can go to the beaches almost all year. Texas is a close second.

• Sounds like you already have Southern California in mind.

• Hahaha really, I know nothing about American places, but lots of people are saying California

• Sure, but the Bay Area is very different from Los Angeles and Orange County. Some people really like Santa Barbara as well. The surfing culture tends to be in the southern part of the state.

What Girls Said 5

• Come this way to Californiaaaa, you will love ittttt

• California

• Take a state on the east or west coast. They have the most open mind to foreigners. Don't go to the bible belt with your wish list.

• California, I don't know about cheap though.

• East Michigan