Why the hell do 12-year-olds look like they're 15 or 16 nowadays?

Most Helpful Guy

• By having LOTS and LOTS of hormones in the food we eat today.
    Girls are reaching puberty sooner and having their height growth stunted.
    Boys are becoming more feminine.

I blame the estrogenic growth hormones in diary and meat.

What Guys Said 8

• parents also just let them wear whatever they want too. clothes, make up and such

• A lot of birth control stuff leaks into the water and is later consumed and that might mess up hormonal cycles for girls

• My guess is that it's all the chemicals they put in food these days. (I also think this is the reason people start having sex at younger and younger ages these days.)

• I don't know.. maybe they just act that way that's why they look that way

• I mean when you look at me when I was 12 I didn't look grown up or anything and nowdays you can't even tell what age they are just by looking.

• True enough. Must be the food

• The media tells that's how you have to dress to get by in the world.
    it's a shame.

• Television programming and commercials groom them to behave and appear older.

• Because of shitty parenting.
    Low moral class seems to rub off on your offspring.

What Girls Said 8

• OMG YES! because media. because ugly society. because messed up ideologies of gender performance and sexuality.

• Because the sexualisation of children is commonplace, as is the outrage at paedophilia. Go figure.

Shitty parents is why.

• I don't know, it's so weird. They're as tall as trees. My 10 year old brother is already 5'3 (2 inches taller than me).

• I looked older at 12, and I didn't wear make-up. If it is not biology then its peer pressure and the media. Children are growing up faster in a modern world, and WTF are people talking about the food?

• Blame it on the fewd

• It's all the growth hormones in the food we eat.

• I think it could be evolution- honestly.

• Because the 'food', these days, are riddled with growth hormones. We eat what our food eats