Advice... peeing outside when you're camping... girls?

My friend said to find someplace with a little slope and face downhill, so that the pee runs downhill away from you. Is that what you do? Also do you take toilet paper or kleenex with you? And do you just drop it on the ground when you're done?

15

Most Helpful Girl

• Just be careful not to pee on your feet, that's the main problem. Downhill makes that easier but is not essential. If you take tissue and can bury or hide it in a hedge then do, if not then put it in the bin. Leaving dirty pissy tissues around your camp is not hygienic. Also make sure to pee away from your camp, don't get lazy and go a hard away because you will end up sleeping in a toilet.

What Girls Said 14

• I usually bring a roll of toilet paper in a bag if I ever go camping. And ya sometimes it doesn't even have to be a slope, the pee most likely won't get on you. And about the toilet paper, campsites usually encourage trash cans for these sort of things or garbage and porta-potties or bathrooms in general. But if you're not at a campsite or some sort of national park, than bring a plastic bag with you to throw away the toilet paper.

• Lol. True story. I was in Washington D. C. and I really needed to pee. So I squatted behind the bushes near a Federal Building on a busy street in the dark, and let that stream flow.

I don't think it matters. You need to go, you need to go. Pull down your pants, squat, make sure to angle in a way that it won't get onto your clothes, and release while euphoria spreads through your body.

... Just make sure there isn't a snake or some critter nearby as well as that you have privacy.

• Yes you can girl... bring toilet paper and stuff I know I do... because I dont like dirty stuff I mean it is kinda nasty but Its better than sitting my ass on a nasty toilet seat

• Yes, pee on a slope. Bring toilet paper and a grocery/trash bag. There is no reason to litter.

• Do all of the above but check for poison ivy/poison oak first. That would be verrrrrrrrrrrrrry uncomfortable.

• It also helps to do a wall squat/lean against a tree... Make sure its a strong one though or you can just squat right down. But yes, face downhill or your shoe will most likely get wet. Also make sure your pants are far enough away in front of you so that they won't get caught in the crossfire.

• That is what I would do. As for wiping... I don't want to litter and I know paper would degrade but I would take it back with me in a little bag and throw it away or burn it.
    Have fun :-)

• most campsites should have a toilet otherwise find somewhere out of sight and you can just squat, you put the tissue in the bin otherwise thats littering

• it's not that hard even when you are drunk you can figure it out haha just keep your legs apart!

• Buy a GoGirl and you're good.

• Everything you've said sounds logical. Get close to the ground, but don't touch it. You don't want pee running down your legs our getting on your pants. About you pants, push them back with your hands and hold them until you're done. The last thing you wanna do is pee on your pants. When you pee try to force it out and make it go a little farther, making it get as far as is can be away from you and your pants. Do no take your pants off.

• dig a hole, and pee in that. And yes i would take some toilet paper with you, and just drop it in the hole when you are done. You can also poop in it. I made a little tent around my hole so i had privacy as well.

• The fun in camping. I just hide behind a load of bushes and squat. Just don't get it on your trousers 😬

• Yes you do exactly that. I think you're over thinking it a little bit. What's even better and cleaner would be wet wipes.