Does it matter if you dial '1' and, then the phone number of the person you're calling?

And does it apply to texting too?

0|0
5|9

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends on the phone... But for most cases no.

It's usually home phones that might make you do that, but you could always try not dialing the 1 and see what happens. If thr oporator says something then you have your answer and if just rings and then you also have your answer.

As dor texting it doesn't matter.

0|0
    0|1

What Guys Said 9

• if you're not using a cell phone and you're calling outside of your region then I think it does matter.

0|0
    0|0
  • It matters if you're calling outside of the area code of the phone you're using... otherwise the call may not go through.

0|0
    0|0
  • Try it. Dial '1'. Enjoy the recorded message advising you that: "the number you are calling is not a long distance number. Please do not dial 1 before calling this number."

0|0
    0|0
  • LOL yeah... it happened to me as well i remember :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Well it would be a different number then wouldn't it?

0|1
    0|1
  • Adding 1 to the beginning is the international code for calling a number in the United States. Shouldn't make a difference so long as that's the country the person you're attempting to contact is living in.

0|0
    0|0
  • Only internationally or outside of a business line.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on how trunk prefixes work in your country.

0|0
    0|0
  • In Canada it's long distance. Extra charges.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• For almost all the numbers in my phone there is no one. I do know it matters if you are out of country and dialing in as you would have to dial a code to get a European or Canadian number to work

0|0
    0|0
  • well yes, because you'll be adding a number to the phone number... what is this question?

0|0
    0|0
  • What do you mean sorry?

0|0
    0|0
  • it doesn't matter?

0|0
    0|0