Been to the zoo lately?

I'm from San Diego. Love our zoo. I'm in Omaha Nebraska for work this week.

Whoa!!! Kick ass zoo in Omaha. I was blown away.

I might even be forced to admit it's better than San Diego zoo.

It's my new favorite anyway. So tell me people, what cities have great zoos?

Most Helpful Guy

• I grew up in Omaha !! Our zoo KICKS ASS!!!

• It does. My inner snob would have never believed it if I had not seen it for myself!!!

It is really awesome!! The desert dome, the aquarium, the jungle. I'm going again.

• I'm just being a dumbass lol don't listen to me. Hilly? well a bit, where are you from, i dont think its that hilly. Omaha is pretty fun, good place to grow up. Humid, and somewhat boring. But it's an underrated town for sure!

• San Diego

What Guys Said 6

• Yes I have. I have the yearly membership plan and I go all the time right here in Miami Its a 10 min drive for me to Zoo Miami. I have been to your San Diego zoo as a kid I was very impressed.

• I haven't been in such a long time. fuuuuck. is it worth going again? lol I mean how many new animals could they have brought since my last visit? like 10 years ago xD

• Guess it depends on where you are? They used to have elephants at the Detroit but it got to expensive for them and they are gone now :-(

• @Justacatlady the closest would be San Diego Zoo :D I remember exactly what I had for lunch too, a slice of pizza and chocolate pudding lol.

• and i've listened 2 da Blue Zoo lately... woohooo 8)

• These are the best I have been to. There are others I can recommend if you want...

Omaha
    San Diego
    Loro Parque (Puerto de le Cruz, Spain)
    St Louis
    Singapore Zoo
    Chester Zoo (Chester, UK)
    Prague Zoo (Prague, CZ)
    Tiergarten Schoenbruun (Vienna, Austria)
    Bioparc Valencia (Valencia, Spain)
    Gramado Zoo (Gramado Brazil)

• In that order?

You get around!!

• I used to have a Vetrinary Supply company. So we went to a lot of these places for a lot of reasons.

• Interesting. Thanks for the tips !

• German zoos have received a lot of PR for their cute animal babies in recent years. Or that cross-eyed opossum.

Not a fan of zoos - the animals look miserable.

• No glad you had fun though bad most of those animals get abused

What Girls Said 6

• I've only been to zoos in Latvia (about 20 times or so in total), in Sweden and in Berlin, Germany (2 times). Berlin's zoo was my favorite. Very big.

• I live close to the Detroit and it is okay, and they are doing work to update the exhibits. My favorite is in Columbus OH. I had such a great time there. The Toledo isn't bad either :-)

• My lucky year! Will be in Ohio this year too!

• Dublin Zoo.

I love it and it does have great summer activities and camps on for the kids every year, they show events during the year too. You can even hold events yourself up there if you book. Someone had a wedding party up there a few years back.

• Sounds like great craic!!

Did I say that right? Lol. Been a while since I've been to Ireland.

• the Pittsburgh one is okay, I haven't been there in years though. thinking about going this summer :)

• I HATE zoos. I think they treat the animals poorly, and those animals deserve bigger habits similar to what they had back home.

• Not true. That's a myth.

• So. I still believe the animals deserve larger habits like they have back in their home in the wild.

• No. Zoo's suck.