Doomed to hit the iceberg or is there still time?

*Odd ambigous metaphor that I doubt makes any sense but if you have a worthwhile idea/response than why not post it?*

I feel like the captain of a ship who has been on a collision coarse with an iceberg for miles but is defiant in turning away until I get closer and can tell if it is one or just a rough patch of icy water... so is it an iceberg, am I doomed to hit it or do I still have time?

• Doomed! doomed I say, DOOMEDDDDA DA DA (strange echo at the end)
  • Nah, there's always still time if it hasn't happend yet. Keep your head up, everything is gonna be alright.
  • You ready for this... you already hit it, BOOM - mindblown
  • I don't understand the question... what's a meta-four?
  • It's a rough patch of icy water... or you're just triping balls bro, toughen up.

Most Helpful Girl

• There's always time to change your course and avoid that collision. If you want to change something don't think about how it might probably never change- set yourself up to change it. There's no better time to start than right now.

UNLESS the iceberg is staring you in the face and laughing, yes laughing, then it might be too late. In which case you should toughen up, live with the consequences until you have a chance to better yourself again. You have to take the good with the bad, everyone hits a couple of icebergs during their lifetime 😇

• I wish more people would respond like this when it comes to vague/metaphorical questions but then again that would probably be asking for too much.

• Thanks for ze MHO 😊🎉

Most Helpful Guy

• Have felt like that for years. Good metaphor.

Still haven't managed to change course. Looks like Jack is doomed...

• I'm hoping there is still time maybe even for both us. Create a new destination coarse or just randomly turn the wheel, perhaps anything is better than the current direction.

• Haha, you may be right :)

What you describe seems to be the feeling of heading towards inevitable oblivion.

The only thing that has ever helped me there is what Stephen R. Covey wrote in The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: "Between stimulus and response, man has the freedom to choose." (paraphrasing Viktor Frankl).

If you aren't familiar with the book, I recommend it.

• Thanks for MHO :)

What Girls Said 1

What Guys Said 1

• doom de da da da da 8)

• I like to try and make my voting polls as fun as possible, but I feel like that one is just going to hinder the results or maybe people are just that pessimistic, pff I don't know.