How can I prepare for some bad news?

My profile pic is Meg, the family Border Collie, just over 6 years old. She has been unwell for several days and hasn't eaten for 36 hours now. She drinks water, but stays in her basket. Family thinks it is serious.
How can I prepare for the loss of her? How can I help make the decision to end her suffering if we have to?

Meg at vets last 24 hours. She has a primary brain tumour. Surgury tomorrow morning, but doesn't look good.
Thanks for all your support!! It's really nice to find some good friends at a time of need!
Thank you all!
Meg went to the big dog kennel in the sky at 15:35 this afternoon. Thank you all for your words of support and comfort.

Most Helpful Girl

• If it is just liek the flu or something, or something that can go away inr a few days, yhen i would keep hee alive, with medicine. But if its something like cancer... then... it is best to put her down, i know it would be hard... but you could always keep something of her, for example cut off a pice of fur and keep a picture of her in your room... do the creepy thing and stuff her (i dont like that though) cremate her and keep her ashes... and just be by her side until it is all over with the medicine they give them... she would be in a better place if she was... no more suffering... you just have to let life happen and think for the best. Mayne get a puppy before she passes... and let him or her stay by herside... i hinestly wish you luck james, meg will be in our hearts

• ;~; R. I. P Meg for I know you never knew me... but you were probably a very sweet and kind dog.

What Girls Said 5

• Why not take her to the vet and find out what is wrong with her?

It could be serious, but it could also be very treatable.

• Sit back and just remember would you want to be in pain like that? She will cross over to rainbow bridge. You will see her again.

• Those symptoms do indicate a brain tumour...
    It's good that you caught the tumour before it progressed even more, and I hope the surgery goes well.
    She's beautiful by the way C:

• Take her to the vet.

• I'm so sorry. You're just gonna have to be strong.

What Guys Said 5

• oh well... guess it's yer only choice bro, if it's needed... :/

hope one day u'll buy a new pet :)

• There is no decision to be made when she is suffering. When she is suffering, she needs to go. It's an insult to your love for her to keep her alive in pain.

Sorry for your loss in advance.

• Ah mate I am so sorry - I hope she gets better.

• Smoke a joint

• Spend time with her and make the time she has left comfortable for her. That way you will know you did everything you possibly could.