Which is better for horseback riding: jeggings, jeans, or leggings?

It's just a casual horseback ride while on vacation. The most comfortable option for me would be leggings but I dunno if they're considered thick enough for riding. The other option is jeggings which are also comfortable but still a stretchy, thin fabric. The third option is jeans which are the most protective option but least comfortable.

• Leggings
  • Jeans
  • Jeggings

Most Helpful Girl

• Leggings would be a lot more comfortable and make it easier to sit comfortably on the horse. Jeans would protect your legs from burns if you fell off.
    If you're a confident rider that can keep control of a horse and stay on, then go for leggings. If you're not so confident, I suggest you wear jeans.

Jeggings are just jean coloured leggings so I don't know why you included them. They're the same as leggings.

What Guys Said 4

• I would pick jeans if on horse for a length of time.

• for a man/boy jeans would kill... i should know... it happened to me... but for you probably jeggings or leggings

• you're going to want some comfortable and tough jeans!

• Most people on GaG aren't rich, so no one can tell you.

• horseback riding at a normal stable costs around $20. very stupid to think it's just for rich people.

What Girls Said 6

• Jeans for sure would be my choice.

• Just wear jeans. You can also wear leggings or sweatpants if it made your more comfortable. Those might make it easier to hop on the horse.

• Definitely the jeggings.

• Vote A. I personally like padded leggings

• Jeans look really county-ish, yet leggings are comfortable to horse back ride.

• Leggings. More comfortable.