Why Don't People Like Christians?

I here people say Christians are hypocrites, Christians are this Christians are that... there are people hypocritical people in every religion. The church I go to people are far from hypocrites and are bible believing christians. So why do people hate christians. I spread love and the truth of the gospel

Maybe they don't hate us maybe they hate Jesus... if we acted like the world I'm sure they would like us but we don't.

So why do you guys hate christians? Why do you hate Jesus? But your perfectly fine with Muslims, catholics, jews etc

Most Helpful Guy

• They don't Christians because the Old Adam within hates Christ. There need not be a rhyme, reason, or logic to it. Spiritual hatred is irrational. Always has been. It's an emotional impulse, leading to a decision. It cannot be defeated with reason alone, largely because it is irrational and proud.

Many here, particularly @Jacquesvol, are guilty of listing false moral equivalencies, historical revisionism, prejudice, propaganda, bad run-ins with specific individuals who have disappointed them either legitimately or via twisted reasoning, etc. as reasons to not like Christians. But in the end, they are all missing the point entirely with these excuses.

It has nothing to do with these problems, for they are not "Christian" problems but human problems. It has everything to do with the human will.

In the prideful and non-regenerate, the idea of being subjugated to the will of He whom the Old Adam in the Flesh irrationally detests above all things is the single most offensive gesture there is. It is hair-pulling-out, screaming, running-into-walls levels of offensive to the Human Inheritance.

And that is why, no matter what, the unsaved and unregenerate will treat any who are subjugate to Him with hesitance or suspicion at best, and with thermonuclear hatred at worst.

Your asking of the question implies that a fair, logical source can be rooted out. That if you somehow do something differently, you can get an unregenerate spirit to like you. But without the Holy Spirit's influence, any attempt at a popularity contest is futility.

There is no appeal to reason that can stop the hate. There has to be a conquest of spirit. A surrender of will. And the strength to do it has to come from outside the individual. Just as you cannot will your dinner into existence via wishful thinking, neither can you force yourself without outside help to develop an inner New Man that has any power whatsoever to battle the state you default to upon conception.

Because every time your parents told even a little white lie before you were conceived, you were part of them. Left and right hand are both guilty of the same crime, no matter who swiped. So your Inheritance is what it is.

• *don't hate Christians because...

• @skeptic007 It all completely lacks the perfection which should be expected from some intelligent perfect, omniscient and all powerful 'creator'.
      Hazard and evolution (s) are way more logical suggestions.

• @jacquesvol no it really isn't evolution doesn't explain even how life got here,
      or the fact that it happens, there's to many questions evolution can't answer plus its been around for thousands of years, the human race always repeats itself

What Guys Said 16

• First, one thing: Catholics ARE Christians. I don't get why so many people think that non-Catholics are Christians and Catholics are not.

Second, I'm an atheist so I have no respect for religious beliefs. But that doesn't mean I have no respect for believers as people. I respect everyone regardless of their faith. It's their actions that matter to me. There are many good Christians in the world and bad atheists as well.

Third, I don't *hate* Jesus, God or Allah. I simply don't believe they exist. You can't hate something that doesn't exist, right? I don't hate Darth Vader, Sauron, Voldemort, Devil and Gargamel either. They are negative, evil characters but they are also fictional just like Jesus.

You also say you spread love (that's great, btw) and the truth of gospel. Of course it's the freedom of speech, you can say whatever you like, so if you want to spread Jesus all around the world, go ahead. However, don't be offended if someone rejects your "truths". And if your style is rather aggressive (like "shoving down the throat" and "Bible bashing" style) you can expect rejections that are not quite polite. Again, this is not because of what you believe but what you do.

• Catholics are not christians some beliefs are similar but then the rest is very different.

I think people think it's aggressive because we talk about sin. And standing before a holy God. When you take God out the mix there's no need to care about your actions everything goes.

• Such division and sub division is irrelevant. They are both forms of Christianity, same root religion, different weighted values

• by the way I read recently that Luther's hate writings against Jews have been finally disavowed by German Lutherans. That's not to early: the 'Night of Broken Glas was organized on Luther's birthday. Hazard? :-S

• 200 years of hypocrisy, persecutions, enrichment, Crusades, wars 'inspired' by their god.: They're close to ISIS in many aspects.
    Recently:
    Did Bush claim God told him to invade Iraq? Yes, he did.
    noplaceforsheep.com/.../
    .
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3n3bWLEvJk
    .
    His hypocrisy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQttqqHLckk

And then he had ore than one million civilians killed.

• Edit:
      And then he had More than one million civilians killed.

• @jacquesvol please just stop, this will not budge in either direction and I simply speak in defence of the innocent people you are grouping in with the agreed bad figures of Christianity, no religion is truly free of an ugly side. That does not mean that there are any "bad" religions. This petty squabble is exactly the kind of cause for many tragedies. The odds at which individuals put themselves to be "right" are not worth it and religion is a master of belief. If you choose to see it that way you can just as easily see it as an opinion. I choose to call myself a Christian not based upon other corrupt Christian actions, but for the good that I believe it stands for. I shall argue no longer, have a good day sir.

• I'm in the same position that you are in. I'm a huge Christian and people hate me for that. I try hard to make others come to the Bible. Some people I work with just don't know that Jesus really exists! We all make mistakes in life, no matter if we're in Christ or not! If people are into Catholics, they're hating and liking Christians at the same time! When they reach The Pearly Gates, they'll pay for it when they are thrown into the blazes of Hell if their name isn't found in The Book of Life. You are just fine!!! I'm a Christian myself and I make plenty of mistakes. @Buttercupbrownie, keep preaching that gospel and bring others to Christ!!! I believe in you!!!

• I am not a fan of anyone who tries to force their beliefs on me. Even a well meaning "but your going to hell" is not pleasant, nor does it make friends. I am pagan, and I don't care who or what you worship, I don't hate you (how could I I've never met you) but the moment you show up to one of my groups, my churches, my groves, my shops or my meetings spouting hate speech we are no longer friendly. I am well aware that the bible teaches you to kill witches and destroy our groves (a thousand years of genocide is hard to forget). Ultimately I must ask why you care what or who I worship? My choices do not effect you

• there is a wide variety of reasons for people to hate Christians. I myself am Cristian and even within your own post there was hypocrisy as the whole religion is about acceptance. Many Christians are judgmental even though it is not our place to judge one another according to Christianity and many don't see this. A ton of evidence from the past and current events cause anger against Christianity as a whole, not simply just one person's actions. Such as the crusades and impediment of progress. Christianity is by no means a perfectly innocent religion in its past but not many are

• Love thy brother as you love thyself. just because we are a different religion does not separate us into "Christian" and "non-Christian" it has come to be like that through many actions and hostilities. It will take a long time for those feelings to subside if ever.

• The actions of any one group of individual Christian does not change the entire religion's base and viewpoints. That goes for any religion, not just Christianity

• Group or individual*

• Because a few (million) Christians are those who spread hatred, bigotry, and general bullshit but have the nerve to say, "It's all the Lords will at work." Kiss my agnostic ass with that bullshit, almost, and I say ALMOST, every Christian I met is one some hating bullshit and then goes to church every Sunday thinking they did something good by spreading their hate fueled rages and ways upon mankind.

I personally think all religions just needs to not exist, never existing is ideal but impossible at this point, and maybe, just maybe, the word will be a less hateful place.

• I hate religion and want to vomit when I hear anything regarding abrahamic gods. But I have may Christian friends and I don't hate Christians at all (only those ones who bible push). My parents are very religious and don't know I'm agnostic. My mom had had a tough life and I don't want to make her feel as if there is no God. So I keep it a secret.

• It is because of comments like this.
    Most if not all of the people that post questions like these or like "Would you die for Jesus?" are not true people of Israel. Their mind is full with corrupt about God. They claim to love God one moment but deny parts of the Bible the next.

And also, every religion is persecuted by other religions. Its just natural for one party to discriminate or persecute another based on disagreement.

• I don't deny parts of the bible How can my mind be full of corrupt about God when everything I believe about God comes from his word the bible. I just asked a simple question. I know it's not possible for everyone to love christians the bible plainly says so. I was just curious about the reasons people claim hate

• On christianity

• I am a man of Israel for your information. So we will pick a very controversial topic to begin with.
      So as a woman of Israel you agree that homosexuals should be stoned to death?

• I don't dislike Christians or any religious group. But there are haters of Islam and Judaism too. Maybe more than the haters of Christians. But at the end of the day, why would you care about the haters? They can hate as much as they wish but that shouldn't affect the followers of those religions.

• Let me ask you this... if you claim to follow Jesus... did you act as he says in Matthew 19:24 and give up all your earthly possessions to follow him?

• I don't like any religion that goes rubbing it in your face about how great it is and/or imposing its values on other people.

• That isn't the religion itself, it is pious people who look to said rituals such as going to church to save them. That isn't what is about. Christianity itself is about moral correctness and acceptance

• Those people are not Christianity, they may be recognized symbols of it but they themselves are not the religion nor do their individual actions change what it stands for as a whole. Just as the Muslim religion is not only terrorists. Under your projected view, every Christian is a horrible person as you fail to see the other side. You see the shadow but not the light.

• @CanineCounterpart
      It's in about all 'holly books'.

• they r ok, unless they r zealots 8)

• I dont hate them, people hate them coz they think the old Christians used to talk in the name of God and do stuff like killing so that gave a wrong view on Christianity

• i hate the bigot kind of Christian, not Christianity as a whole.

• Thank you, for seeing sense

• Can you see my standpoint? I see that any person is innocent, not just Christians, until they lose said innocence. What that limit is its based upon their beliefs and general morals. Which tend to be more conservative by nature

• Oh. .. I was talking about the Christians who are innocent, not all Christians. Just like everyone is born with a sense of innocence. After all, you aren't born with weapons or evil intent against your fellow man or woman

• I'm muslim and I don't judge anyone with his/her religion

• You will find on here in particular, that the people who rail against Christains are actually gay. They say they are athiests, which they may be, but their anger comes from being gay and the church not accepting their lifestyle.

• You're funny :D :D :D

• And are you going to stone them as the Bible says, or hang them as Christians did in the 18th century and as American Christian missionaries (Scott Lively) tried to convince the Ugandan govt to do? (he failed) www.nytimes.com/.../04uganda.html?_r=0 www.christiantoday.com/.../44214.htm

• ... Blow me.

What Girls Said 9

• I love hanging out with christians, well i'm christian, but ya I think they refer to us as being hypocrytes because of the whole LGBT thingie or something like that. But like I respect what the bible says and I'm not gonna judge but...

• Some people don't like having gospel shoved down their throats.

Also, since the US is majority Christian, most people here are only familiar with certain aspects of Christian doctrine and history while being ignorant of the others. As such, other religions get a free pass.

• Acceptance is what it's built on and morality.

• Yet Jesus was accepting of his killers, the true Christian symbol. Not of how others view you. In that light it is built on acceptance, even within the ten commandments.

• If you follow Jesus, not his circumstances, what is your standpoint on what Christianity stands for?

• Its cause they haven't met ACTUAL Christian people theyve only met those who say theyre Christian but act like twerps all the time they give Christians a bad rep and thats what people think just about all Christians are like i really wish it wasn't like that but its true but once they meet someone who lives all for the Lord and for him only theyd probably think differently
    Well id hope anyways

• I like Christmas. And I'm atheist.

• I don't hate Christians, I just don't share their beliefs.

• whoever hates Jesus, sure doesn't have a brain nor a heart.

• I'm wondering this myself now. (I'm also a christian) wow, lol. thanks :)

• I agree, there are hypocrites everywhere. Shouldn't judge all the people for some things certain people have done. Personally, I've never been fond of extremists, in any religion. I myself am not religious, but I don't mind what other people believe or not believe in, it's their choice and none of my business.

Baby Cthulhu :)

http://i.imgur.com/jz49XQk.jpg

• I do like them.