Hawaii vs Carribean?

I'm planning a trip and I have the choice between Hawaii and the Carribean both of which I've never been to. All I really look for in a trip is generally beautiful beaches, white sands, calm shallow crystal clear water, I'm not much for water sports but I wouldn't object. I'm not too much of an outdoorsy type, I won't lie I'm your typical tourist. I love fancy restaurants and nice shopping is a must. I love bringing back all kinds of stupid souvenirs too lol. Even though I'm not one to go hiking or anything like that, I would be interested if the place was exceptionally beautiful.

If you could, tell me the pros and cons of Hawaii and the Carribean

• Hawaii
  • Carribean

Most Helpful Guy

• Hawaii is crowded, urbanized and expensive. However, it is a state, so you do have the standard level of services you'd expect anywhere else in the US.

The Caribbean is less developed, but can be more dangerous depending on where you go. I would guess you'd be more likely to get calmer water there too (especially if you avoid the eastern coasts of most islands which face the open Atlantic) and it'll be cheaper. Some countries, though, you don't want to leave the resort for your own safety. Others you're fine to wander around.

What Guys Said 6

• Hawaii probably has the better shopping, assuming you go to Honolulu (which is the most touristy place).

Food in Hawaii will have a more Asian influence, food in Carribean a more African influence. Both are really good. Not sure how fancy the dining options are in the Carribean, but there are some very upscale restaurants in Hawaii.

Never been to the Carribean... I know the beaches are beautiful though. Hawaii has both great beaches and great hiking in beautiful jungles.

• hawaii... ever ate hawaiian pizza? ;)

• I have never been to either but I would pick Hawaii if I had the choice

• Carribian trust me I've been to both

• Hawaii, you don't get hurricanes in Hawaii

• Caribbean water is warm, and the beaches are beautiful.

What Girls Said 7

• Wouldn't you need a passport for the Caribbean? Hawaii is a state so you wouldn't need one right?

• Hawaii is full of old fat people on the beach. Do you really want to see that? I certainly don't.

• Hawaii!!! I've never been to either but I'd say stay in the states because I don't think you need to get all those shots

• Depends on where in Hawaii... some places are overcrowded, but some places are really nice. I choose the other only because I've never been there. Enjoy you trip!

• Now I'm so jealous! I voted for Hawaii but take me with you either way:))

• #theecaribbean!!
    Such lovely white sand beaches with friendly people.. water from fallings that beats us back and gives a relaxed feeling😂😊

• Hawaii is gorgeous!