Can Anyone Else Taste Water?

I mean like, can you tell the difference between the different brands/types of water? Because I do, there's like a really strong, distince taste for different brands/types and like different restaurants that serve water. I watched this Buzzfeed video and they treated the different err, types (I don't necessarily mean the different labeled brands) of water like they were all the same. Are they really the same for you guys?

I'm not trying to sound picky or prissy when it comes to water, it's just that there's a lot of strong, different tastes to different kinds of water and I'm wondering if anyone else can taste it, too.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes because not all water is the same with the exception of distilled water. Water sold in stores have added minerals for flavoring. Tap watering also holds traces of whatever minerals such as fluoride, cleaning solution, and things left behind that didn't get cleaned (if the cleaning system is efficient).

Personally, I think Zephyr hills tastes disgusting. Plain old store brand waters tastes the best to me. Dasani water also tastes decent to me. I sometimes like deer park. Tap water is the best. Well tap was the best back when I lived in Texas; my city won the cleanest water in Texas (and the U. S.) I think back in some year.

What Guys Said 14

• Tap water, yes. You can taste the chlorine and whatever else they put in there. But it's the additive you're tasting, not the water. If you've ever drank pure, distilled water I think you'll find it's quite tasteless.

• Yes, I totally can!

I actually just started drinking deionized water a few weeks ago on my doctor's recommendation (I have a pretty serious thyroid condition), and the taste and viscosity is totally different from anything I've ever had before. It tastes so pure.

• Yes with different types of water i do notice a difference in taste
    my grand-dad was living he used to get water that came out of
    Spring on the hillside cause if not than they had to buy bottled water
    they lived in country and never had City water to 5 years after my
    grand-dad passed.

• Yeah I can tell the difference between some brands of water. But that is expected because of different mineral contents etc.

• hahaha no... h2o = tasteless 8)

• No, I can't really taste it.

• Yeah.. Because waters contains a lot of elements (depends how much) and that makes a difference in taste

• No what your tasting is the minerals in the water.

• Try kangen water. With other brands, they are all chemical treated. Try natural Kangen water to revive your taste buds - you will never want any other water

• If the water has a mineral content, of course you can taste that, But not pure water.

• Ya. In general I hate bottled water. The only thing better than tap water is rainwater and distilled water.

• Yeah. Different brands of bottled water have different tastes to me

• because there are different minerals and free flowing ions depending on the source, so yeah, there could be a minor difference

• yeah I can/ I prefer Aquafina. the ice mountain one tastes terrible

What Girls Said 6

• yes. for example, fiji water is AMAZING. dasani sucks balls.

• Yes I can. All I drink is water, tea, and juice.

• yes I can taste differences in water and my family members think I'm crazy. I prefer smart water. I also hate the taste of Fiji water.

• Some resteraunt water tastes nasty. Bottled water all tastes the same to me.

• yes I can I like to drink evian water or Fiji water

• I can taste it too!