Is it bad to leave dog alone too long?

My neighbors leave their dog alon in the backyard for 8hours or more a day. he's or she is always scratching at the fence and whining. I feel kinda bad they at least should get another dog to keep it company

Most Helpful Guy

• yes... wot if da dawg gets kidnapped?

• The kidnappers would probably be better owners lol

What Girls Said 3

• Well, most of us have to work 8 hours a day... Do they take it out for walks regularly? Does the dog look healthy? Google "environmental enrichment for dogs" and suggest what you find to your neighbours.

• It does probably want company but it isn't neglectful unless they aren't giving it shelter, food, water, exercise. They probably work and spend time with the dog in the evenings, I assume.

• Yeah you shouldn't leave them alone for too long.

What Guys Said 3

• If they give the dog proper exercise in the evening and it has space to move around yard it should be okay.

• 😠
    It's the equivalent of leaving a child alone for too long.. It's BS and they need to take care of their dog!

Call animal rescues or find out a local number to call and report the neglect...

They can send out help to talk to the owners...
    That's so upsetting! 😠

• Yes, absolutely bad. I always kept pairs, so, they don't miss me ;) :P