Until what point do you think it's OK to give a fuck?

It seems there are a group of dudes talking shit about me at work and I didn't realized until recently (a friend told me this, other implied it). So now I've notice that when these dudes are on packs they start laughing and looking at each other (I've always been aware of this but just ignore it) but when they're alone or one of them is alone and I'm close by they don't move a muscle, no laughs, no stares nothing they just freeze there. Honestly, I don't give a single fuck of what others say/think of me, specially since these aren't people that I care about, I've never spoken to them in my life even. But my question is, is it OK to not give a fuck and keep playing it cool?

I never do anything unless someone is confronting/offending me straight in the face that's when I react and always have been like that. I usually ignore it because it isn't worth it does this happen to you, how do you react?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's ok to no do anything and keep your cool.. Eventually they'll start on something else...
    That said, an immediate and effective solution would be to confront them... Just tell them to grow up and if they have any issue with you, be a men about it and tell you directly... Tell them that you're a man and really don't have time to teach them how to act like men but being direct is a good start...
    You can't let them keep bullying you man! That's not something anyone should have to put up with at work.

What Girls Said 9

• hmm ok. look, i think in situations like this, just keep ignoring them because u know that theyre probably expecting a reaction from u eventually. ur there to do a job, not mess around with silly boy dramas. keep ur head down, stay focused, make money and be the best u can be. these fuckers obviously would rather waste their time gossiping or being idiots than working.

dont just play it cool. be cool. i know u might feel a little offended, but just dont reduce urself to that childish behaviour. and u know what? if they continue like this, one way or another, the boss could find out.

• "keep ur head down, stay focused, make money and be the best u can be. these fuckers obviously would rather waste their time gossiping or being idiots than working." You word it better than I could ever had. Thanks for the advice ms. banannaz! :)

• ur welcome mr. banana. always here if u need it.

• they're acting in a total immature way... keep on ignoring them

• i give you a lot of credit for playing it cool. honestly i care to much about what people think about me in a situation like that because i'm egocentric. I think what these packs of guys are doing is extremely immature, they should confront u if they have a problem so u can give them a piece of your mind. But if they arint hindering you from doing your work productively and timely than continue not to give a fuck.

• Just keep on continuing what you are doing and if it bothers you then I would confront them about it but only if it bothers you. Otherwise, just don't bother.

• Yeah just keep ignoring them. You're an adult and that isn't school. They are retarded. You just keep doing the right thing.

• I get this with girls all the time
    They're immature.

• It certainly is ok to not give a phuck. Let them talk. Until they come at you with it directly, why should you care? People talk shit about me all the time. I don't let it phase me. The day they come to me with it is the day I'll give a phuck.

• It seems to me if they have no reason to hate you then they are jealous. But they have every reason to be so just keep on doing you. They envy that.

• about now is when you should stop giving them.

What Guys Said 7

• Just keep not giving a fuck. They talk shit cause they envy you, and at the same time the respect you cause they never say it to your face. If I was in your position I wouldn't do anything, just keep being confident and awesome, let the bitches talk all they want, you're too good for them.

• To me it sounds like individually they are afraid of you, cowards but they feel safe enough when in a larger groups to make fun of and laugh at you. Personally leave it be for a while and give them the chance to stop and if they do not. The I confront the people who do this and tell em that if they are going to do it then say it to my face like a man, otherwise grow up and stop acting like a prissy gossip girl.

And if they don't stop and get worse after that, well then I find them after work and deal with them one at a time and work my way down the list. Or all at once if I'm short on time.

• Right, it is annoying really but I'm not still on a point to actually care (does that make sense?). I'm sure though, if this keeps going on I'm going to get on a position as you describe it I am more than capable to turn my head and say "hey, do you have a problem I'm right here!" you know. I rather keep waiting because I know it will be a steady job while I finish my college, and it's very long from that XD

Thanks brother!

• Well obviously don't do anything that would threaten your job. I'm just saying wait as long as you can but it will always get to that point were they take things to far.

• as much as u can tolerate bro 8)

• Of course dont play into them the are cowards who won't say boo one on one

• Sound like a bunch of children...

• The best way to dissolve a human body is with lye.