Do you think raising a child when you are older is a lot different from when you are younger?

I'm not talking about whether you have money or not. I mean physically and mentally. Do you think having children at 30, parents have a lot more patience or not? What about if you're like 19?

What are your views on this topic?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think so.

When a person is younger there's a higher chance they are in school or that they are expected to go to school. And so this can affect not only how much time the person can spend with the child but also what they are pressured to be and the psychological affects of these pressures.

Also, some people are still immature kids at my age or older (I'm 20) and they would get impatient and possibly selfish. (this can happen when people are older but I hear about this with guys especially that are my age)

When a person is older they have more life experiences and generally more knowledge. And I think they would be more relaxed.

Also, when someone is older, yeah they can still handle everyday tasks but kids do require a lot of time and energy. So a younger person would probably have an advantage at physically handling the stress of kids.

Hope this helps, this is coming from a 20 year old with no kids but lots of experience with fb rants by moms and many in the flesh experiences as well.

What Guys Said 3

• It's complicated.
    There are some amazing parents at young age who are mentally pretty "mature".
    There are some bad parents at old age, who are mentally not "mature" at all.

Sometimes young parents haven't had enough of "fun" yet in their life, so their child is burden to them.

So, if it numbers, I suppose older parents has a higher chance to be a better parent. But everywhere are exceptions.

• Yeah it's different. Your kids are genetically weaker, you're far more tired trying to take care of them, and you get fried at work because it's about the time you are taking on more responsibility.

But yeah, you're more patient.

• I have a boy, being young helps a lot, older people can not handle it, too naughty haha

What Girls Said 3

• well it is subjective as maturity depends on each person's growth. i would just say it's different. of course, from 19-30 is a jump, but anyone having a baby at 19 probably hasn't thought it through too well to begin with- either that or they were very financially and emotionally stable with their partner.

• You have way more patience and understanding at 30 than at 19.

• Yea that's true. Your way of thinking isn't the same. You're a lot more mature and know a lot more things so you have a lot more to say. Although children never believe they need advice because they came out of the womb knowing everything. Lol

• Haha agreed xD I mean my sister had two kids by the time she was 20 and I saw how hard it was for her. She ended up moving out and leaving them with me and my mother because she just couldn't deal with them.

• Yea, my cousin is the same. She didn't leave her kids cause there wasn't anyone for her to leave them with but her patience is so not there.

• very very different.
    the way the parent raises the child would be radically different i think.