Would you agree to "open doors" to stranded refugees?

I chanced upon this article
Stranded Refugees

extracted from article- Hundreds of migrants, many of them Rohingya from Myanmar, cram on to boats described as “floating coffins” in the hope of a better, safer life away from the strife and persecution they faced back home.

Would you support or not support your government to open doors to the refugees?

• I agree to open the doors
  • I disagree
If you agree, have you thought of the dangers of opening doors to strangers?
It is like opening your home doors to strangers.
For myself I say a no Reason is as above

Most Helpful Girl

• I feel so sad when I watched the documentary on television last night, tongbao. I don't know what to say
    :' ( I just hope that the heavens would pity them. If I were God, I won't just sit there and do nothing.

• 你会同意让我国政府开门让他们进来?
      Sometimes I really don't understand
      Why heavens wld allow such thing to happen..
      真希望来世不要再回来人间

What Guys Said 5

• I'm sorry but no we can barely provide money, jobs and homes for the legal citizens we have here and the illegal immigrants that have already snuck into the country that need to be deported and forced to become citizens legally. We can not afford to take on more immigrants.

I'm sorry but they do it legally or not at all.

• I think it's a but more complicated than that, but yes.

• Speaking as a native of the US, I have to say, there are over 7 billion people on earth. There are probably at least 1 billion who (a) would like to come to the USA and (b) as an individual, would be an asset to the country. But does that mean we should take all one billion nice, hard-working people into the country? If you say yes, please sign up for remedial math.

• no... we bring in millions of immigrants that immediately go on welfare and social security. I have to pay for it.

• I agree to open the doors

What Girls Said 8

• I say everyone that wants the refugees to come into this country... they should each get a family to move in with them. They can house, feed, cloth and provide medical care for these people.

• They increase tax payer's rate. I know some refugees from Vietnam had to stay at a refugee camp in HK or Thailand before waiting to get a visa to US, Canada, Australia or Nederlands. The way these people (coming in illegal boats) did it, was like pushing in line to get ahead of other people who is legally on the waiting list. It is unfair. This whole refugee problem stems from their country's way of life. They keep having too much children and some of them are forced to survive by leaving their country, hoping for a slim chance of a 'good' life in another relatively wealthy country.

• Let someone have a chance at life, or turn them down out of fear.

If a pregnant mother turned up on your doorstep, another little kid in tow; fleeing her violent, physically abusive husband- you would look her in the face and say, you and your children must return home. I don't know you and I'm scared of what you might bring with you.

Equally scary situation... but could you send them back, knowing they would suffer forever- that's if they aren't slaughtered, first. Could you kneel Dow and tell the baby she has to go back to scary daddy, because she is a stranger to you?
    Then turn your back and close your door?

• Lol yes. I mean this country was built on those "dangers" you speak of. The original settlers (not to be confused with the natives) brought disease and harmful weaponry to america out of pure greed and curiosity, meanwhile these people need actual help, why not help them? I've fed refugees who were housed elsewhere, the only thing I don't like is the kids. A lot of them think this is the pot of gold of a rainbow so they don't know that everything doesn't just appear. I'm only talking about some of the kids. Others are sooo polite and hardworking. I think what people fear most is that these people will be hardworking, so much so that people will actually have to start being qualified for their jobs. And to @HereForTheDay the only reason they end up that way is because these people who were qualified doctors and lawyers in their native country are said to be unqualified here (even if they are), so they have to work their way BACK up from the bottom. People come here seeking better only to find out freedom isn't free. It's like one of those vacation spots that looks nice on the brochure then you get there and you feel cheated.

• Canada has such open free untouched land but the open door policy is next to impossible. My friend is a refugee and he was telling me about all this paperwork, documentations he must provide, & a huge wait period. Even after all that, he can still get rejected to be sent back home.

• It's inhumane not to. If you are scared of opening doors to strangers, you should not let tourists in your country either. They are by definition strangers too.
    I agree with you if they were terrorists fleeing their country, but in the pics are mostly kids.

Nationalitsts and patriots are people who only care for their 'kind', their 'own people' and other (looking) people don't matter, whether they die or live. 'It's not our problem.' They don't take into account that those people did not get asked to be born in that poor country, nor have they themselves done something divine to be born in a rich country.

• what we saw are only pictures of kids, but in reality are there only kids?
      we don't even know the characters of the people and it might increase crime rates.
      plus my country is a little red dot which is already overpopulated.
      it is my govt who want to open doors to tourists i am fine if they dont.
      as long as people come in here and not create crimes i am fine

• I didn't know buddhism teaches xenophobia was okay.

• to each his opinion. buddhism didn't teach but it doesn't mean everybody has to follow exactly what the religion teaches. things sometimes are not so simple and of course by disagreeing i know i would give the impression i am a bad person.

• My town is actually home to many young refugees from Burma. There were probably around 50 in my high school.

I haven't given it a lot of thought but yeah, I see nothing wrong with it. Humanity is about taking care of one another. At least that's how it should be.

• I agreed to open the doors. and we should help them. Its not about if religious thing or whatsoever. Its human right. They deserve to live. And I hope my country will always help them. And I heard Thailand navy shoot their boat. Did you anything about it?

• omg they shoot their boat? GULP
      they can turn them away but using violence?

• Unfortunately they did. This is misi kemanusiaan. And I also saw their pic, god, I don't know why human become so mean