What is one thing you wish was never invented?

The environment would be much cleaner if gasoline was never invented.

2640

Most Helpful Guy

• Money.
    It's the root of all evil.

• Actually, there ain't nothing wrong with money.
      It's when you start to love it that the problem comes in.

What Guys Said 39

• boobs. I would be able to concentrate more throughout the day if it weren't for boobies.

all jokes aside, I think snapchat is really fucking stupid now.

• I've never really understood the appeal to snapchat.

• @musphelhem_5 yeah they totes break my concentration every time im doing something important.. its always when im doing something important :P

@linkywink but boobs

@cl_517 it can only be mE! :P

• telemarketers or Infomercials because of this guy media.brainz.org/uploads/2010/11/tony_little.jpg

• If you're not Gazelle'ing, then you're doing life all wrong...

• @muspelhem_5 I remember watching shows like "Trigun" or "DBZ" right. Well right as an action scene was about to take place. They'd cut the show off right there just TO BRING THAT PUNK ON THE AIR. "Okay baby work it 1,2 3, 4,... are you feeling the burn? With this machine, you'll burn 5x the calories" etc. The worst part about it was that I was never sleepy until that guy came on TV #Done

• Hahaha, so funny :)

• Gasoline was not so much invented as it was marketed. It was the primary waste product from the production of kerosene.

Take note that kerosene is actually a specific carbon chain, it is a chemical with very specific physical properties. Gasoline or petrol or whatever it is called in various cultures or languages is a catch all name. It refers to a stew of otherwise undesirable byproducts from making other valuable petroleum based chemicals.

The brilliance of marketing gasoline lies in our dependency on paying for the privilege of disposing of someone else's industrial waste.

It's not a surprise that it pollutes, it starts out as pollution.

• I'd probably go with guns. Everybody feels like they need them to defend themselves, yet it's only necessary vs OTHER PEOPLE WITH GUNS. How's that for a cycle? Bananaland...

• GMO's.

http://www.foodrenegade.com/pics/cornpharma.JPG

There's even a genetically modified salmon, which is sacrilege as far as I'm concerned. It's just too close to playing God.

hrexach.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/gmofda.jpg

• Weird that I'm the Christian unconcerned about "playing God" but more concerned at how genetically modified salmon will harm natural salmon.
      Besides, if people would stop being friggin IDIOTS, and we'd get rid of the bottom trawlers ripping out our kings, we'd have plenty of salmon.

• YES, that terrifies me. I almost tagged you, actually.

"Playing God " is kind of a loaded phrase, and I probably should have worded it differently. Basically, I agree with you: behave in a way that allows nature its balance, and you don't need to create your own (potentially harmful) species. It's just so stupid to me.

• Guns. Things would be a lot different if we was still shooting bows and arrows.

• Yeah, cuz people NEVER killed each other with bows and arrows smh

• The notion that money and status = a persons worth in society. Check out Rousseau's Discourse on Inequality.

• Guns? Sorry, gun lovers.

• Political parties. If candidates all ran independently and people had to actually think about what they stand for and why, governments would run much smoother.

• I hate wasps, I was raped by a swarm of wasps as a little kid now it's the only thing I'm afraid of. I've been attacked so many times I feel like every other summer I get butt fucked over by wasp swarm.

I rip my shirt off and flail like crazy while full sprint.

• Facebook, for simple life, and for the more serious side of things, nuclear, chemical and biological weapons.

• Lol fuck you.

I wish liberals were never invented.

• So many of the things people are saying are things that have drastically improved human quality of life. It's very short-sighted, sentimental thinking, like being in college again.

• Weapons, ever seen a picture of our tiny planet from space? And we are killing each other over it...

• the rape whistle.

• Alright everybody's bitchingto about guns, gas and religion but the true and obvious invention that never should have Ben made is nukes, a device that literally destroy the world and we spend billions of dollars on and billions more to prevent other country's from having from, nukes are the root of all evil period

• Nah, I think everything has its uses. You wouldn't also have a lot of things you do now if it weren't for gasoline. Sure, you can use alternatives, but they are nowhere near as efficient as gasoline - a necessary "evil"

• Without gas you would never of had these crazy cars rolling around. I'm guess you hate when a V12 Lambo rolls by? or those old school muscle cars lol?

• cigarets /////////////

• Cell phones cause i got addiction to them

• Twitter
    I just don't get it... It's just an advertising tool!

• tampons
    electricity
    tap water
    cars
    breast implants
    guns
    granny panties

• chat rooms, cell phones, political parties, gas-powered cars.

• Most religions, sorry to say it but it's true.

• This. The world would be a better place without religion, it's 2015 and people still hate and kill each other in the name of some gods.

• Money. We should have stuck to trading resources.

• the mayflower, george washington, abraham lincoln, thomas jefferson, benjamin franklin, william lynch, pilgrims/pirates, slavery (negativity)

• Religions should have never been invented.

• Cigarettes, so many diseases and problems would be gone if there was no smoking.

• Shirts and bras

• Soccer

It just sucks...

• More from Guys
    9

What Girls Said 26

• Justin Bieber.

Can't believe his one hasn't been said.

• 2|0
  • Who ever came up with math, boy did it give me a hard time in School thruogh out collège gosh i hated math.
    ..

• Well obviously the invention of weapons. Any kind.

But aside from that.. The Internet, although it's useful and fast I feel like we spend so much time using it and are so overexposed to different feelings/opinions/cultures etc that we never feel the need to experience them for ourselves. It has a desensitising effect. Not to mention takes away from the simple pleasures life itself has to offer.

• Cars. I have one and guilty of driving places that are walking distance. I think cars make us too dependent and lazy. If people didn't have cars, the obesity level will probably go down tremendously becuase we'd be forced to walk. It's just realistically speaking, many people commute and NEED cars to get from point A to point B.

• Junk food.

• the internet

• Basically electronics especially cell phones and even computers. You cat get any privacy anymore...

• Facebook
    After a while, it has no purpose anymore. Your profile is full with 100+ friend and you don't even talk to any of them at all. Also, it get boring too.

• It's not really invented, it's a natural by product of kerosene...
    Anyways > Social media.

• Was gasoline invented? Or is it just another product of "oil and natural gases?" Anyway, I wish that weapons of mass destruction were never invented. Alas, we are always looking for new ways to kill each other.

• Guns guns guns!

• I wish " ELECTRICITY" had never been "invented" @bertmacklinfbi Lol !

• My phone and my laptop and the light bulb

• Smart phones. I swear people are always on their phones. If we're hanging out it's not going to be me, you, and your cellphone.

• Snapchat most awkward way to have a conversation.

• Smartphones/internet. Imagine all the people having social life...

And money.

• Money.
    Id rather trade potatoes for tomatoes and carrots for turnips.

• Gun

filll

• Society standards

• The internet.

• selfie stick

• Drugs, cigarettes

• I agree with you.

• texting it makes relationships harder

• The Internet. Seriously.

Now that we truly know just how dumb people are, I've lost hope.