Guys, what would you think if a girl asks you at the gym to be her spotter just really quick?

I always workout alone and so I never have a spotter..
Would you think that's cheap? I am not interested in this guys I just need a spotter

13

Most Helpful Guy

• I wouldn't think anything of it.

Why does a request have to be considered "cheap".

• I don't want to seem interested or trying to get the attention of this guy... Just need a spotter :D

• So long as you keep any conversations short or avoid them altogether, if the guy has a good head on his shoulders he'll mpve along.

If you're really that worried, though, try asking a female for a spot and hope she's not a lesbian.

What Guys Said 12

• nah i'd just pass 8)

• I'd think she doesn't want to drop weights on herself. it's not a big deal

• I'd say "sure" and help her out. It's a courtesy thing.

• Ask for a spot yeah!
    If a guy doesn't take the hint that all you wanted was the spot, then you might have to be a little brusque.

• Maybe she would be trying to approach, i'd talk to her for a bit and feel it out or if she's just being friendly

• Some exercises are only safe with a spotter. If I have the time, I don't see why not.

• better ask a girl xD cause guys would get their hopes up that you´re interested :D

• Yeah, it's ok,
    Just bc you're in shape doesn't mean I immediately want to hit on you or F**k you.
    Just be straight with him.

• No problem everyone needs a spotter as some point.

• If you are just straight up and there is no flirting you'll be good.

• Absolutely fine.

You're asking for help. It's natural and if the guy is a helpful and kind person, he should oblige.

Don't worry about it. Go for it!! If anything, you may have a regular friend at the gym who will spot you if you're both there.

Could you help me pls? www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1496547-why-does-my-attention-seeker-whore-female-friend-not-want-me-to-meet

• I would spot her everytime! And if single after a couple wks ask her out