Why do so many pple not believe in god?

i keep hearing about it but i dont get it

so everyone says evidene but isn't that the point of faith

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 9

What Guys Said 14

• GOD? :-o
    Which one? Here, pick your choice:
    wp.patheos.com.s3.amazonaws.com/.../...eve-in1.jpg

(that list is almost certainly incomplete because it relates only to gods whose believers could write. A minority thus.)
    Pay attention to pick 'the right ones' in that list: o pick 'the right ones' in that list: they're all jealous. If you err you'll suffer or eternity in EACH hell of EACH of them. That makes for many sufferings.

I don't believe in ghosts, bigfoot, sasquatch, UFO's, Loch Ness Monster, Ogo Pogo, psychics, witches, chupacabres, vampires, werewolves, leprechauns, baron samedi, god, satan, angels etc either.

Why not?
    The same reason you don't believe in the Easter Bunny.
    ====
    When you tell people there's an all knowing powerful man in the sky, the majority will believe you.

When you tell people he paint is wet, they want to touch it to verify.

(The late George Carlin.)
    ====

• Because more and more people are getting an education and the internet among other things allows for ideas to spread far faster than they did before. Used to be that atheists, much like gays, were scared to come out of the closet due to fear of persecution. Now they know that there are millions of like minded individuals and that they have no reason to fear anything anymore since they are on the rise now.

• Read these. I promise your mind will be blown.

sin-and-love. deviantart. com/.../Miracles-ch-13-and-God-in-the-dock-pt-1-sctn-7-550775594

sin-and-love. deviantart. com/.../God-in-the-Dock-pt-1-sec-19-555629382

• Am I? Whoops. It's pretty late in my time zone right now. Maybe I've got teh brainface.

• @Skadouchebag whatever. Just stop, I'm not buying.

• Well... the number of people who don't believe in God, is much less than the number of people who do!

• Couldn't be further from the truth its the exact opposite

• @Skadouchebag Numbers of believers? The argumentum ad populum is a red herring and genetic fallacy. ... At a time in history when most people believed the world was flat, WAS it flat?

• @jacquesvol I don't follow. I wasn't making an argument here. I'm just stating a fact.

• no evidence bro... no... 8)

• "If I won't believe on god then how could I be the one?"
    -YourFutureEx

• The way so many of us are brought up in religious households - I have no stats but it must be about 95% - Some become non religious but most would stay religious to some degree

• For someone who can supposedly do anything he sure has a hard time letting people know he exists.

• I believe in God, but after the modernity and after all the science progress people think that believe in science is against God and know we don't have any information for sure like now we r not sure if the earth is flat or not and people who believe that the earth got their evidence and the people who don't got their evidence, now comes the believeing part, part of the believe is to believe in something u don't see with yours eyes

• Why don't you believe in Santa Claus? There's no evidence, but isn't that the point of faith?

• Because doesn't believe in tham

• Because they are all disbelievers. they are living lives of sin. God is absolutely real. the Bible can't be disproved, never has been and can't even be lol. We are all humans put on this earth for a reason.

• And what reason is that?

• Ignorance.. Bill Nye isn't just a person who was on a TV show. LOL. The fact that nobody has been able to disprove anything in the Bible. The Bible has no flaws buddy.

• The point is that I bet the guy on the other side of the debate wasn't a children's show host.

• I've never seen anything that convinced me of such a being. It's not that I know gods and afterlives don't exist it's just until there's something that convinces me of such things I simply lack a belief in any supernatural claims. Hence the agnostic atheist label. The funny thing is that we all know what it's like to be atheistic towards most of the gods people have worshipped throughout history.

“I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one less god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.” —Stephen F. Roberts

To each his own though..

• Never seen an alien--believes in aliens
    Never seen god--that's different!
    Human logic.

• I think it just comes down to pessimism and optimism. Just like the "glass is half empty of half full thing".

The pessimists like to say "There is no evidence God exists".
    The optimists like to say "There is no evidence God doesn't exist".
    Even if they aren't typically a pessimistic person, you myst admit, that in this regard, they have a pessimistic outlook.

Another reason is that they were brought up that way. You grew up in a Christian family didn't you? So you became a Christian. Just like (most) other Christians. Another guy grew up in an Atheist family, so he becomes an Atheist. Just like (most) Atheists.

• Actually false, most atheists come from religious families. If this wasn't true, atheism wouldn't be growing at the rate that it is. There just wouldn't be enough atheist families to keep up wth the religious families.

Also pew did a poll that found only about 30% of people raised by atheists remain atheist

• Case in point: me. I'm really more agnostic, but I was raised *very* religeously