What do you think of moms who breast feed their older kids?

Girls would you continue to breast feed your kids after they are older than 2

Most Helpful Girl

• My mom breast fed me until I was 5 which is why I'm answering anon. I think past 3 is extremely unnecessary. Apparently some studies have come out that say at least 18 months and up to 3 years, but I would never go past that. If my kid can go to school it does not need my boob and it should not have my boob anymore. To me it's teaching the child an unhealthy type of dependence which is not good. Just my opinion though.

What Guys Said 4

• kinda weird o_O

• I think that they should teach them to let go of that breast... It's like the mother has trouble letting them go, maybe that's not the only thing the children still do, we don't know...
    They're growing, eventually they have to Live The Life on their own

• too awkward to ignore but also too awkward to say anything xD please just donĀ“t.

• Sooner or later, they'll be flying out the moon door.

What Girls Said 5

• My mom breast fed me till I was like 3 or 4 years old. I guess because 2 years after me my sister was born and she didn't bother to forbid me from doing it if my sis was doing it. O_o I wish she hadn't done it for so long tho, I find it really weird.

• It's not weird for you tho, chances are you were probably jealous that your sister now was feeding from your mom, so it's understandable

• @LaBellaNena408 I'm pretty sure that was the case.

• I find it strange. I wouldn't nurse my kids at that age.

• I think it's gross. I will breastfeed my children too, I can't wait because I've heard it's an amazing experience, but I think I'll stop somewhere after 6-8 months

• I know breast milk is great for kids health and learning when they're older but if you still want them on it. Use a breast pump and put it in a cup or something. A kid of 5 still latching on is inappropriate and weird.

• no chance 2 is pushing it. I belive in breast feeding but their is a limit if the kid isn't drinking from a bottle it should be from your boob.