Why is it racism when you ask a question about a minority group (esp about blacks) but not about others?

For instance if I were asking why there aren't enough Black models, all of the sudden the claws go out and it's an ''Omg, that's racism'' and then a mob of anger posters started with that bs. But if I were asking why there aren't enough French models, then it's not too offensive and I would probably get more answers.

And in both cases, it was just a simple question... no need to turn all insecure and upset unless you have some type of inferiority complex or something.

Most Helpful Guy

• this is not racistic!!!

u just asked a question... no offence towards black people :)

• Yes but sometimes I noticed more people get offended when the question includes black people than other races such as Europeans or Asians.

What Guys Said 6

• id like to see a link to this question where people called the you racist for making a question like that. Context is important for me

• No one wants to be excluded but at the same time depending on the question they don't want to be included either. It's not racism to ask if you genuinely don't understand something.

• French is not a race, that's why people don't react by saying it's "racist."

• Because French isn't a race. And also, asking about black models isn't racism.

• Some people are overly pc.

• people don't know what us racism probably

What Girls Said 4

• Are blacks still considered a minority in the us though? I have never lived in america but the way I see it, there are 3 equally "big" ethnic groups there. Maybe even 4. Whites, blacks, Asians, and Latinos.

If people say something relating to the blacks, ex. "Black lives matter", I feel like it's most of the time the victim mentality doing it. It shouldn't be " black lives matter". It should have been "all human lives matter". Or were they saying that black lives matter, yet they don't give a fuck if an Asian or Latino or white person gets shit by a stupid police officer? Get what I'm saying?

I sometimes feel it's too much and it's like many black people so want to hold on to being the victim of racism when it has gotten a lot better in the past decades. Sure, there are still some remote incidents. But that also happens with other racial groups as well. That's just how our society is. Blacks are no longer the race that is most victimized anymore. Unless you live in Asia, because in a society that worships pale skin, I know it sucks big time to have dark skin.

• Well french isn't a race. It's an ethnicity.

I don't see why anyone would think your question is racist. Are you sure that's an accurate example?

• well I was trying to point out an example. But I've noticed this happening before. People get more offensive when the question involves black people and not Europeans or Asians.

• Hmmm.

Never noticed that before but it could be a possibility it's happening.
      I guess people get angry because of the racism blacks have always went through and are still going through.
      Maybe u should be careful with your phrasing

• Show me the link please 😒

• Maybe you said something racist