Have you ever been to Europe?

Okay so my man told me that we are going to France the Sapain from there we get on a cruze that leads to Itali and back.
What should I expect from those three countries I took french in highscool but that was a while ago. So anything that i should know that would be great if you could share the knowledge. We tavel but mostely to Asia so im use to the long flights, and expect culture to obviously different.

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds like fun. If you can speak English you should get by OK, but try to learn some basic phrases in the local language - yes (oui (we), si and si), no, excuse me, thank you (merci, gracias and gratzie (sp?), "where is the toilet?", water, left and right, etc.

I like to learn the numbers as well (they write them the same in all those countries, except for switching use of commas and periods - 1,233.14 would be 1.233,14).

Carry change as some places have pay toilets.

And if you are going to touristy areas they are used to foreigners.

What Guys Said 3

• no never... where's it? :S

• are you asking me where Europe is? Because I'm sure that was covered in your fifth grade class...

• guess u cannot take a joke :p

• no I can but in all seriousness my niece thought that Spain was were Mexico is. and she was not joking...

• I have been to the UK and Belgium

• you won't visit greece? what a waste :P

What Girls Said 2

• You are in for a treat. I am European myself, I live in Spain at the moment and I can tell you that you will have the best time of your life eating here. Food in Spain is very very cheap in comparison to the rest of Europe and I can tell you one of the best. Italy, great food (gelatio per favore, die for it! Eat as much gelato as you can) and France, well if you go to Paris the food is good, not worth the hype and EXTREMELLY EXPENSIVE. A plate of anything can cost you up to 14€, in Spain you and your husband can eat a 3 course meal with water/wine/soda, bread and desert for 7 to 10€ each. That's food wise.

Language wise, you're going to have trouble since french people don't like English . Spanish people are terrible with it but they try (?) and I think the Italians are the ones who work it the most for sure between the 3. But if you go to the capital or very crowded places you'll be fine, just don't go into small villages cause... They barely speak their own language.

The 3 of them have the most beautiful and amazing historic places and sights so no dissapointment with that for sure.

Hope you have fun here!

• It's very nice!