My parents finally agreed to let me get a corgi?

Which I'm fuckin PUMPED about (their only stipulations are that I get drunk, have fun, and don't pay more than $150 for it). I'm having difficulty finding shelters / rescues that have Corgis though. Am willing to travel to neighboring states (Indiana, Wisconsn, Illinois, Ohio) as well as Canada (the areas by Michigan, obviously) to get one.

Here comes the question: anyone have any suggestions of websites to look at of rescues that have / or deal specifically with corgis?

I've had NO luck doing general google searches.

Most Helpful Girl

• PLEASE adopt : D
    PetFinder
    Adoptapet
    Petharbor

I won't harp on this, but I'd suggest on not being super breed specific. You may walk into a shelter and fall in love with some random mutt, let it happen. I wrote a take about this
    www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a9027-the-6-main-reasons-you-should-adopt-not-shop-for-a-pet

• OH, I plan to adopt. :) And I'm only being breed specific because I've really wanted a corgi, and as such, my parents will only let me get a corgi. That's the agreement. Otherwise I normally wouldn't go into it breed specific.

• Haha well feel free anytime. I also could ask Karl's trainer if there's something that hasn't come up with him.

• Thanks for MH!

What Guys Said 11

• Definitely use Petfinder or a similar search engine to see pets in local shelters. And whatever you do, don't go the Craigslist route; it can be super freaking sketchy.

Honestly, I'd encourage you to just yelp the shelters in your local area first. Generally speaking, the shelter you adopt from can be VERY important--they're not all created equally, sadly.

Also, unless you're absolutely hell bent on a Corgi, just keep an open mind and visit the shelter and interact with the dogs there. Maybe you'll reaffirm your strict desire for a Corgi, or maybe you'll fall in love with another dog. Ya never know.

• I love all dogs, and I have no doubt I'd fall in love with another dog, but... they're only letting me get another dog BECAUSE it's a corgi.

• I gotcha. :)

I would suggest that you search for rescue groups in addition to local, reputable shelters. Corgis are popular breeds and I'm sure there's a local rescue group that caters specifically to the breed.

Just research the groups, because like shelters, they're not all the same.

• I found this website:

http://corgi.rescueshelter.com/Illinois

If you need a different state I will look it up if you need me to :) Also, if you call one of those groups they should be able to tell you where one is close to you because they typically talk to each other.

• 0|0
  • Here is something i found for you

https://www.facebook.com/corgi.rescueme.org

But just make sure they are legit and good luck :-D

• Let me know if you come to Wisconsin!!

http://corgi.rescueme.org/Wisconsin

Found this online.

• Aren't you living with your sis?
    Anyway, are you dead set on a corgi?
    I'd advise searching shelters in a wider and wider radius until you find a corgi (or maybe something else?)
    Good luck!!!

• Yes I'm dead set on a corgi, lol.

I'm only living with my sister until September. Then her fiancé gets back and it's right back to my parents house.

• Ok awesome!
      Good luck in your search.
      Just one thing, in trying so hard to find a corgi, don't settle for a bad dog just because it's a corgi, find a good corgi.
      A corgi that can make you happy, a corgi that will be there for you.
      A corgi that knows how to make hot cocoa when you've hada bad day.
      Find such a corgi.

• AYE AYE CAP'N.

• Corgiorgy. com

• Wait so one of the conditions of you getting a corgi is that you get to get drunk? Am I reading this correctly?

• You're 22 tho you need permission?

• When I live in their house, yes. lol

• Canada is only like a 4 hour drive away lol

and yeppp. 'Cause I hardly get drunk, and the last time I did my dad wasn't around, so he wants to see drunk me. 'Cause he never has lol.

• Only 3 hours for me😎 aye good luck tho

• Yayyyyy I love corgi's!!! i love dogs so much

• You're getting a condom?

What Girls Said 4

• Petfinder. com you can search by area breed and age.
    Most rescues have their animals on it

• Just never from Petland...

• I love corgis omg. They're the sweetest little things. Check things like your local penny saver, and Petfinder. com. Also, check animal shelters close to you. Who knows, you might find one.

• Oh my gosh I love corgis! Why do they want you to get drunk first? Lol I don't see the correlation.

• Because I hardly drink and I got drunk at a bachelorette party with my mom aunt and sister and they all said they hadn't seen me so happy in so long. So my dad wanted to witness it first hand cause I've never gotten drunk in front of him.

I tried to so hard to get drunk with them but I couldn't, i had like... The best tolerance I've ever had last night. It was a bummer.

• Lol. My parents would disown me if I ever drank!