Parents don't want me to use internet at night, and it reads "DNS Probe Finished No Internet?

The internet is still on, it's just showing limited. What did they do to make it do that? Change a wire on the router? What is a possible fix?

he unplugs a cord, that's all. I got it plugged in ;)

Most Helpful Guy

• That's an issue with the DNS. I doubt your parents did that.

1) Open the Network Connections Control Panel. Double click on the Local Area Connection icon in the LAN or High-Speed Internet section of the Network Connections window that opens. Click on the Properties button of the Local Area Connection Status window that opens. You should see another window open.

2) Click on the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) item to select it and click the Properties button. A new window should open.

3) All you need to do is click the Obtain DNS server address automatically button (the static DNS server information will automatically be cleared). Click OK in each of the TCP/IP and Local Area Connection properties windows to close them.

4) Once again, we want to be sure that we now have new IP address information. You should still have the Local Area Connection Status window open. Click the Support tab, then click the Repair button. After a short delay, you should get a repair completed popup and IP address information should reappear in the window. You'll need to click the Details... button to see the DNS server information.

Copied that from a google search of DNS probe.

What Girls Said 1

• You can't fix it only they can.

What Guys Said 3

• On my router I can have it simply gate the internet traffic to whatever machine I want. Well, try this... go to the command prompt and type in "/ipconfig"
    Write down the ip address of the router, NOT YOUR COMPUTER! type into your browser http://IPADDRESS and substitute in the correct ip address for the router. If your parents are smart, then they have password protected the login. If not then you will get right in. (Mine has a password)
    Once in you will have to find the settings that gate the internet traffic to different computers, or the settings that regulate your specific usage. Remember, google is your friend. You can often use google to find the brand of router and the instructions relating to the internal firmwear AND THE DEFAULT PASSWORD.

• Thanks. I made it into the xfinity settings and fiddled with it. Trying to figure what to do from there

• If you don't find anything from the router, but I assume you will, they they have software on your computer. If that is the case, get "spybot search and destroy" software and scan it. (if you don't know SS&D, it finds malware and it is free). ( https://www.safer-networking.org/ ) SS&D will find cybernanny and software like that.

• It means sleep at normal hours and be a good boy.

• Oooh parental lock beyatch! hahahaha. Change yer mac address.

• If I change it they can't do that anymore?

• Oh cool. I'll try it tomorrow.

• hey, i think i changed it using this : www.howtogeek.com/.../ I followed the steps and put a few numbers in and it didn't ask anything else after i put some numbers in for the value. Does that sound right?