Do GAGers have a hive-mind mentality?

Do you think most GAGers have similar opinions? Does the upvote system force us to think the same way?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think there are cliques of G@Gers that will go the same way. But certainly not all, and hopefully not most. When I give an opinion, it is mine. I may word it so that it sounds more appealing, but since the idea of this site is to help others (or get help from others) making things sound more appealing is more likely to convince them of your opinion being correct. But I don't lie or change the meanings.

I may wade into some discussions with a totally different thought than all the others that have posted. But sometimes if I see that it would really be hopeless to try and get a point across, I will just move on to another question.

What Guys Said 8

• NO and YES because most questions only have a select few possible answers anyway on here, Also a lot of people say this or that just to get MHO via kissing the QA butt/confirm what they were already thinking in their mind. i1127.photobucket.com/.../...f.com-gif-maker_3.gif

• Hey, you're pippin from LOTR. . . Anyway there's a newish manga called the hive. You should read it. I give it 8/10 would recommend

33.media.tumblr.com/.../...02zJfR1sxcftfo1_400.gif

The upvote system doesn't force me to do anything

• No there are lots of disagreements on here. But some people do just piggy back on each others comments. I hate when I make a comment and then someone else says they agree and then they make a comment of their own saying how I somehow believe it as well just because they agreed with a point of mine when I don't agree with them at all.

• well they use to set it so that you couldn't see how many upvotes/downvotes a person had until you voted yourself. Unfortunately, they changed that. But on certain issues, yes, gag'ers tend to think alike. It's easy to manipulate GaG popular opinion by injecting the right kind of emotion into a particular question

• When I came out with my radical waffles>pancakes stance there was mass chaos. Don't tell me you missed the great waffle debate of '14?

• I find if you speak your mind and it's not necessarily the politically correct answer, people will get offended

• ask a question that might seem to be misogynistic and anyone agreeing will get down voted by all the females

• Actually I'm not but the majority of the people have a hive-mind mentality.

What Girls Said 7

• I seriously doubt the upvote system has anything to do with the way people post since there's no reward. Like maybe if we got one xper point per upvote it would count more. It seems like a system like that would be more negative than positive though.

If you look at large enough numbers you'll find similarities eventually. There are usually trends but I think people usually have their own opinion on things.

• They do.

They are pretty reactive here over stupid and trivial things.

• I think most humans are more alike than we like to admit. I think there's a certain amount of peer pressure on gag :)

• Sadly... I say yes to a percentage factor of about 75%

• I don't care about the upvotes or downvotes system

• I think there are a lot of like minded people on this site, unfortunately.

• not all of us.