How do I stop feeling bitter because I'm alone and I never had a girlfriend and I have no friends at the moment at 21?

I realize that I'm becoming more bitter as time passes. I can fake being nice and sweet, but deep down when I'm alone I feel mentally sick. I'm becoming more bitter with people and life in general. I'm pursuing my dreams in college and I have my family support, but yet I'm bitter about not having friends and never having a girlfriend. I have many acquaintance and decent social skills, but I don't have good enough social skills to connect with people at a deep meaningful level. Each day that passes, I feel more negative with more bitterness. I don't know how to change, but I can say that I don't feel happy about my lifestyle. I wish I could change it, but I can't. I have to accept my destiny to never have friends or ever have a girlfriend because it is beyond my reach as a human being. I feel really bitter. How do I stop my bitterness from getting to me?

I know this isn't healthy. Do you folks know a solution or a cure for bitterness?
In my earlier years, I would be depressed and suicidal. Now I'm just becoming bitter because I worked really hard to change my toxic nature. However, I don't know how to stop my bitterness from growing. It's developing because of sadness and helplessness. I feel unhappy of my lifestyle, but it can't be change. I been told to accept it. It's a phase, but it has been my whole life. Even in elementary school I had no friends or luck in romance. It's ridiculous.

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 3

• May be one of the reasons you don't have a lot of friends is because of your bitterness. I am saying this in a completely nice way because I have been in a similar situation as far as dating. I think sometimes having that attitude pushes people away and creates a self-fulfilling prophesy in a way. I know its difficult right now but start doing things you really enjoy and people will gravitate towards you because you will be happy doing what you want to do

• You have interests... Connect with people about those. Eventually you can find someone

• Make friends, if you want it that bad stand up and make them. Yeah I know it's not easy but it is possible. Look for a girlfriend too. You don't have to be bitter when you can change something.

What Guys Said 3

• Try to be more positive and realize a girlfriend and close friends will come in time.

• USE PORN MY FRIEND

• I was feeling the same way at 21, and still kinda am