Im 14 and I've been talking to an 18 year old that is going to visit me on friday: good idea?

weve been talking for like 2 months now. texting i should say, and we both always joke around and talk about meeting but we both always say its to far and change subjects. but recently when i told him i was upset and wanted a hug he told me he wanted to be there with me and that he didn't care about the distance. he said he wanted to be by my side. i really wanted him to come over but i thought it would be bad idea because parents were home. so i said no. he is 5 foot 5 and can pass as a 14-15 year old easy but still... he has my address already and i have his. is it okay for us to meet? he just recently turned 18

wow i do not like the way i worded my question at all, it sounds so creepy

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you're going to go through with this regardless of how many people that are telling you its a bad idea because its what your heart wants, and you're young n reckless haha... So, please take precaution.

2 months really isn't a long time. Make sure that you know he is who he says he is. Talk to him on the phone, Skype HIM or VIDEO CHAT with him. Ask for plenty of pictures. And when you meet him please make sure there are other people around. Whether that means him visiting you at home where you're parents are, bringing a friend along or in a crowded area with lots of people

What Guys Said 9

• You should know that if he is physical with you---even heavy petting----he could be charged with statutory rape. Sixteen is the age of consent in most states whereas eighteen is the age of majority.

If he is discovered and charged, he would likely do time in jail and be branded a sex offender. Understand, it is not necessary for your parent to object. The state would bring charges automatically.

• You met him online? Not a good idea :S and giving him your address was an even worse idea.

• but he gave me his

• of course i wasn't really i just wanted to see what hed say

• Well, maybe he's address is real, but what if he's planned to get into your house one day and rob you? It's as easy as having some friends doing the job while he goes out with you. He has an alibi so he can't get arrested.
      I'm not saying this is gonna happen 100% but there's a possibility.

• This is sooo stupid (and hope it is a troll question). Why would you have to meet at you house and not a public place? He told you he is 18 but he could be a 35 years old pedo who murders and rapes little girls. Normal 18 years old guys aren't interested in underage girls.

• we snapchat and if anything he's lying about being 18 and is actually a lot younger because he looks really young in his snapchats. and my home because its where im comfortable and well im in the safety of my home

• we text 24/7 everyday for the past like 2 months. i feel like i can trust him. thanks for your opinion

• Please be safe.

• This is sort of a bad idea to be honest but do what you gotta do

• i know cause i dont want to just keep having these conversations wit him if its leading to nothing.

• It does not sound like a good idea, no. You should not meet this guy alone, if at all.

• Bad idea. How do you no he is who he says he is if you have never met. He could be a bad guy. Anyways even if he's 18 still a bad idea. I would wonder what he wants.

• we snapchat and i know what he looks like

• Wtf this is crazy. Your underage

• Terrible idea. This can only end badly.

What Girls Said 7

• BAD IDEA. SUPER BAD IDEA. OMG DO NOT DO THIS BAD IDEA.

Why does he have your address? What were you thinking? No. Do NOT meet this "boy" under any circumstance ever or we'll all be getting an amber alert for you! Honey, what were you thinking? I'm 12 years older than you and I would never ever give an internet person this much information!

He is GROOMING you. He's sent you illicit photographs and has encouraged you to engadge in sexual situations. That's illegal! The question here isn't should I go meet him. It's which police department do I contact.

Oh my goodness please do not meet this guy. Get him out of your life!

• First of all, where did you meet him? If it's one of those dating websites, then no not yet. Don't meet him. If you guys haven't video chatted, or snapchatted, then no. You're so young, and I don't want to scare you, but you're not at all educated in the dangers of trafficking in young children. If you were to say it to your parents, I'm sure they would whoop your ass and take your phone from you, but it might be the right thing to do. He's old enough to move on if he feels any way emotionally attatched to you. I'm just saying it for your safety, but if you're sure you trust this guy, go meet him, but make sure it's in a public place where there are lots of people around

• I met him on a site called "meet me" this is literally the point of the site. I just don't know if its a good idea anymore because he's considered an "adult" now

• It doesn't sound like a great idea.

• Ur only 14yrs old. Not good. You really don't know him. All it was is txting. He could be lying and you not know it. Shoot I can do that. You wouldn't know till it to late.

• Horrible idea..

• No I don't think it's a good idea :(

He is so much older than you. If you ended up doing something sexual, he could be in trouble since it's illegal. And you met him online. You may know what he looks like or where he lives, but in reality his personality could be very different from what he says.

• Hmm, that depends. What kind of relationship do up guys have? Is it friendly, or do u think u might be interestd in him? Or do u think it's more of a sibling-y, gentle relationship?

• we're more on the friendly side. but he has sent me a pic of his umm d*ck. we were joking around about what he was doing and i told him i didn't believe he was doing hw. and blah blah i ended up seeing it lol. and he listens to me and gives nice advice. i kind of think he is a little sexual though like kinda pervy. but its a nice friendship and he always makes me laugh

• i know but im turning 15 this year too

• Alright. But my point is, there is an age gap and he most likely a lot less innocent than u. if u have to meet him, at least tell yr parents. I understand if u don't want to, but just to be safe. Heck, he might not even have a problem and just wants to see u. But I'm just saying it seems a bit weird.