Do you believe in Aliens?

If Alien is real, do you eager to see Aliens?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• Short answer: Yes

Long answer: Probably. When most people talk about aliens, they mean intelligent aliens. When I say there are probably aliens, I'm referring to any life that's not from the earth. There are about 300 billion stars in this galaxy alone, and there are about 400 billion galaxies in the observable universe. That's A LOT of stars! The recent Kepler mission tends to lend credibility to the idea that planets are not the exception, but the norm. With all those planets, there's almost certainly SOME that are in the Goldilocks (not too hot, not too cold) orbits around their parent stars. Now life on the earth happened fairly quickly (roughly 500 million to 1 billion years after its formation... which geologically speaking is fast). This suggests to many scientists that if life can happen, it WILL happen. But as easy as it is to make amino acids, it's just as easy if not easier to destroy them. So the number of planets where life actually happens may very well be rare. As for intelligent life, more than 99% of the history of life on Earth didn't have intelligent life. About 75% of the history of life on Earth didn't even have life you could see without a microscope. As for life with technology, about 80% of human history was spent with spears and animal skins being "high tech." So as for life on Earth, something like 99.999something% didn't have any high tech, intelligent life on it. This suggests that intelligent life may very well be rare in the universe (indeed, even animal or plant life might be very rare).

However, here's something to consider. For every single blade of grass on Earth, there are about 10,000 class G main sequence stars (like our sun) in the observable universe (to say nothing of the other classes of stars). Although the odds of any one planet having intelligent life are fantastically slim, there are a fantastically large number of pulls on the alien life slot machine.

What Girls Said 10

• only since i joined GaG. theyre all aliens :)

• I defo believe in aliens. The universe is MASSIVE, it'd be silly to think we're the only ones in it.

• I definitely wouldn't rule out the possibility of life on other planets. Probably not like the aliens we see in movies, but life nevertheless! I would be very excited to find out about them.

• Not that eager. They definitely exist. To say they dont is egotistical and stupid.

• I believe that you're about to tell us about Aliens

• Yes.
    I believe we haven't discovered everything yet or all of the existing species.

• Yes. I saw them on tv so they exist

• Honestly you'd have to be so narrow minded to think that we're the only living things in our universe. For all opposed, I was reading this article and it gives many valid reasons (while linking to proper source) on why alien life is completely real.

www.cracked.com/...ring-aliens-than-you-think.html

• Great answer, BlueMax. I agree that there must be intelligent alien life out there. The size of the universe is infinite and there are an incredible number of planets and stars out there. The constants that are required for earth to bear life are very specific, however brvause of the large number of planets out there, there is a chance that those constants can match up elsewhere and create a life-sustaining atmosphere.

• I wouldn't say aliens but I do believe in life on other planets without doubt. Yes I would like to meet them, it would be interesting!

What Guys Said 12

• There is more evidence suggesting they are real, compared to them not. If you were to fiĺl the biggest football stadium with peas to the top. Each pea being a star. That's how many stars there are in the Galaxy.

There is more stars in the universe than there are grains of sand on Earth. Let that sink in. (No pun intended)

Now if you tell me there isn't even bacterial life you're an idiot. It's not a matter of if. It's a matter of when.

Somewhere out there there's probably another alien race thinking the same thing as us.

• Chances are, they exist. Universe is so vast that statistics dictate there should be another planet with aliens.

• yo dude how did your prom go?

• Lawl what? Prom? What prom? 😟
      *cries*

I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up, and I also should have taken more action.

• Only the illegal kind lol

• I don't believe in the types of aliens that you see in movies, or even in star trek or anything. I hope we are not the only type of intelligent beings in the universe. but I would believe that the more likely possibility is that there are microbes or some sort of small creatures. maybe there is some intelligent life that is or has developed to be like us, but I really think that it is odd that humans have become what we have. maybe we are a sort of anomaly of the universe. I mean it is pretty amazing that we can do any of the things we do outside of walking and eating.

• If aliens existed the where are they? They would have showed up by now, or we would have found them ourselves. Untill somebody can show me evidence they exist then I won't believe in them. All we have go off is Sci-Fi shows and movies.

• Yes sir I want to make friends with one and explore the universe.

• whatever is out there I just hope they don't look like the ones in that f^cking movie

• I want to believe that they exists... It would be fun.

• Aliens are real, the only reason why we are not in contact with them is because our planet is under spiritual quarantine. A normal planet has interplanetary communication.

by the way, your average humanoid alien looks like a human except 7 feet tall and more pretty.

• Yes but I think it is almost impossible to communicate. There are millions of light-year.

• See Drake equation.