I am very confused in this house?

so i am 17 years old and just graduated 2 days ago. I have a sister named jada and I am the second child. this morning my mom only wakes me up to get my basket out the laundry room but doesn't wake my sister up she just puts her stuff by her door even though she is awake.. so my mom tells me to clean the laundry room and i do really fast because I just woke up and have to go to the bathroom. so I cleaned then went to the bathroom and she was looking for me and said "that's just ridiculous, that's why I treat you like a kid". what did I do wrong? what made her tell me this? all I did was go to the bathroom..

Most Helpful Girl

• She was just mad and taking it out on you.

What Guys Said 4

• huh... really weird... anyway if u fel oppressed u can always move-out once u turn 18... it's gonna happen soon ;)

• I have yet to encounter any mind readers on this site.

• lol i'd figure some Mothers would understand and translate it too me in a way aha.

• To everyone else, this will be a mystery wrapped in an enigma.

• why not ask her?

no one here will know.

• obviously did. she didn't answer that's why I am seeking an answer.

• maybe u screwed up the laundry... I don't know..

• i didn't do laundry lol I just had to clean up any trash and take my basket out.

• then I don't know... maybe she was just upset when she got up...

What Girls Said 1

• Try to put yourself in your mother's shoes. She has a list of chores she needs to do for the day...
    I can't remember what I was going to write. Probably some BS about looking outside your selfish little world. By the time I was 17, I was in my second year of college and doing my own laundry etc, waking myself up, etc. I saw my parents twice a year, on holidays. Maybe it is time for you to start taking care of yourself? I bet that comes as a shock to you little princess!

• I did everything I needed to do and just went to the bathroom... I am not selfish at all every morning I go pee and that just happened to get in the way of my pee schedule so I cleaned first thenn went pee. that's you I'm not like you... wouldn't want to be either. I actually do I work 2 jobs and go to school just because you read this short little thing doesn't mean I am not taking care of myself you don't know anything about me... nope, doesn't sock me at all.

• Ok, I am sorry I was a bit hard on you. 😔 Do you think that your mother got cross at you because you did a bad job at cleaning the laundry room? Maybe she thinks that you are old enough now to do a good enough job without having her standing over you. She might have been angry because she would have had to re-clean the laundry. It is really sweet that she does your laundry for you, my mother was too ill growing up so I had to help out a lot from a really young age.

• nope, it' a simple task she didn't complain when she saw it. she doesn't do my laundry... I do it.