When someone says "tell me about yourself ", how do you usually respond?

Most Helpful Guy

• With facts!

Honestly it depends a bit on the context. If I'm meeting someone through a mutual friend I generally start with how I know the friend. If it's a complete stranger I'll start with my job. If it's a colleague I might name a few hobbies or mention the last big change in my life. I moved to NZ from Canada about 18 months ago, so I used that as an intro for a while. Also it preempted questions about my accent - "ah yiw en emiri-kin?"

• What if it's a job interview?

• Hmm, that's tough. My conversational go-to is to crack jokes, which might not go over well if the mood is wrong. The way I figure it you've gotten to the interview stage, they've seen your CV and know you are qualified. So then what is the interview for? The head of recruitment wants to know if you fit in with the company, a potential boss / colleague wants to find someone they would can work with. I would probably skim some bits and pieces and wait for followup questions. Like, "Well I recently moved down from Canada after some university studies; and yes, I'm a huge ice hockey fan. Never played tho, I'm more into cycling. I actually brought my bike with me. Yeah, I plan to do a bit of exploring around the country if I can. I haven't been back much since I was a kid. I'm especially excited for the awesome nature." So now they are primed for all kinds of questions. And when they review the candidates, hopefully they remember me as that sporty Canuck, aka friendly and lots of energy. :)

• Okay thanks, very helpful :)

What Guys Said 6

• I have a think about then I list out my pros and cons. I leave up to them to make up their mind.

• bout my fav flavors in pringles 8)

• Something hilariously exaggerated

• I respond with "What is it you want to know?"

• I tell them what I like to do

• I am groot :)

What Girls Said 2

• I tell them my hobbies usually.

• I tell them about myself...