A bunch of my old classmates took a group picture in at my friends' funeral is that disrespectful or not?

This picture was taken outside of the place the funeral was held. Later they posted it on facebook and tagged theirselves in it. Do you think that was disrespectful, in bad taste or not. A couple of my friends thought it was disrespectful and called it more of a social media event.

• Disrespectful
  • Not really but in bad taste
  • No it's not

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think so.
    If it were my funeral I'd be happy that i brought people together.
    I think of funerals as getting together to celebrate a loved one who has moved on to their next life or whatever happens when you die.
    If they want to take a group picture, go ahead.
    Life is for the living.

What Girls Said 4

• A little bit...

• They look happy. They shouldn't be happy because they're at a funeral. It's not really disrespectful the fact that they took a picture, but it's definitely in bad taste.

• It's not really bad in bad taste. They seem really happy. Why are they smiling? No one smiles at a funeral!

• It's not really.

What Guys Said 5

• Funerals have recently been the only time my family (extended) have gotten together. That, combined with the tradition in our family of celebrating someone's life as a way of marking their passing, as opposed to somber mourning, leads me to think that these people meant no disrespect. I would not take offence if my friends did this. If they could find something to be happy about at a funeral, I say that's a positive.

• I see your point. In the bible it does say to rejoice when someone dies and cry when someone is born.

• I think a group photo is nice, I would be happy to have brought some people together, but maybe no smiles... just a little one kinda. They look too happy...

• Just because someone died doesn't mean people can't be happy, was the classmate a happy person? Maybe it's what they would have wanted.

If i know some people can at least smile at my funeral for the right reason then i'll be happy

• they seem kinda happy... isn't it weird?

• I am going B it wasn't thought out.