I just received a spam call what is that?

I received a weird number picked up and it hang up, then when I check truecaller it's one of the spam calls what Is that? Will it hack my phone? What should I do if it's bad

Most Helpful Guy

• never pick-up weird/private #

that's my policy ;)

• That's my policy to! But this number was so catchy it had seven "1" so I though I must pick this one lol

What Guys Said 2

• I get that on my landline but never on cell phone.

• Yes. Kill your phone with fire immediately!

What Girls Said 3

• I get lots of those calls on my cell phone recently. I had one company tell me that "charges had just been filed against me" and they told me I needed to pay a certain amount etc. so I went and googled the number and it was a scam that people had actually did, so I started reading the reviews for the number she was calling from to her and she hung up on me.

My dad had someone call him not too long ago saying one of the computers in his house had a virus on it and they would remove it for a fee, looked it up and it was a scam of course and of course people had paid it and installed software onto their computers and gotten their information stolen as well, people are so dumb lol. It happens a lot to older people I think though because some of them don't know about all of the scams yet.

• Its just to get you to buy something stupid. It won't hack your phone LOL. I'd block the spam numbers.

• It's dumb people so just ignore it.